Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #1 
bettalover2033

This was very uncalled for!!!

I think everyones comments on "Jon's" thread was very mean and rude and very uncalled for. We have all experienced trolls, but no one could prove that he was a troll! Yes he did say things that was very disgusting, but he apologized and said he wasnt going to bring it up again. So everyone that just Said that he was a troll was wrong! Dont be a judge on something or someone you dont know about! He was not a troll! This is terrible what everyone did!!

This isnt a troll! He is a simple person like us all so please dont ban him or any of his posts! He is serious, he explained that he has a culture of this eating bettas.

Dont get me wrong i get shivers from the idea but im sure he means not harm on us. So please excuse him and forgive him for saying such horrid things but please note that some people have religious beliefs and do certain things Americans and other countries find very disturbing.

Am i really being the only one respectful and understanding? Really no Adults are even respecting this person. Remember to respect everyone equally and listen to what they have to say before you judge!

He said that he would not bring it up again. So just hear him out and maybe we can get him to buy bettas and like he said "put them in a bowl to watch". I think that comment was sort of rude but please does everyone get my point????
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

I don't know of any culture that would eat bettas. I've heard of eating the giant gourami but not bettas or other aqaurium fish. And it just dosen't make sense, what's the point of eating them? Spending $3 on a fish just to eat it?

This leads me to think he's a troll. Also the fact that he posted in several sections of our forum makes me believe that he is in it for attention.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #3 
JKfish

Here are two reasons why he is a troll (I can go into more detail if necessary): 1) he posted the same thread in multiple areas- this is typically a way trolls get attention
2) he chose a forum for BETTA FISH CARE to post on. He knows (unless he is an numbskull moron) that people care about fish and that they would react less than happily to his posts. He could have found a different forum to post on (belive me, there are forums for that kind of stuff
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #4 
vaygirl

You're going to have to get used to knowing a troll when you read one. I've been on forums a long, long time. MrVampire and JK are right. Posting multiple threads on eating a betta is a DEAD giveaway. It's done to get the most attention and outrage possible before a banning stick smacks them in the head.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Agreed w/ MrV on this one... The user, if he had left it on one forum, wouldn't have seemed AS trollish, but his posting it on every single forum on bettafish made it scream troll. Besides, this is obviously a PET website, not a food website. His comments would obviously bring bad reactions....

Edit: and everyone else above me, too xD
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #6 
nochoramet

Yep, I agree with everyone else. If he wasn't a troll, he would have found the right forum to go to, instead of one where we keep bettas as pets. He was just trying to stir stuff up before he got banned. For some reason, some people enjoy doing this.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #7 
CodeRed

Usually it's people who aren't powerful enough in real life (or are too cowardly) to be bullies >.> So they get their sadistic joy places where they can't be physically hurt.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #8 
Alex09

Can I het a link to one of these said threads? you got me all curious now...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #9 
TigerLily

That was definitely a troll. Once you've been around so many forums for so many years they start to stick out like a tiger in a pet shop.

I call shenanigans on his part.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #10 
Alex09

And For the record, lets not act like bettas are safe from humans in the food chain :P I've eaten iguana before - Not about to post that in a lizard forum though :/
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote