Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #21 
JessG

Glad he's on the up and up. It sounds like you're doing a great job staying on top of it.

Good luck with the rest of his recovery and his care once he's back in his tank.
JessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #22 
Amotien

Another Update: He is still chuggin along and seeming to do better... He refuses to eat the pelleted betta food anymore.. I put one pellet in and it sits there til it sinks and about an hour later I have to take it out.... however the Frozen Blood worms he gobbles right up.... actually slurps them up which we all get a kick out of watching him eat.... There is a worm and just like magic joooop there its gone, they are a pain though cuz each frozen block has about 100 worms and i have to break that apart to feed him one worm... soooo how many individual worms should i feed him in one day??? Will he ever go back to pelleted food or am I destine to be a blood worm feeding slave to Mr Betta forever now?? lol which is ok if that is what he needs... its crazy how attached you get to a fish... everyone else thinks I am crazy but every day each time on the way out the door we all check on him and evertime on the way in the door we check on him again.... :) Then we talk to him and ask him how he is feeling and all that fun stuff too. lol

But all seems well still so I am excited about that!!
Amotien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #23 
Amotien

Uhhhh Ohhhh Mr Betta not doing so well today.... he sits at the bottom and he sticks his nose on the ground and allows his back half to sit higher but then bends himself in half... I read somewhere that bending is BAD he kinda allows himself to curve alot be then will move and is straight for awhile... I am gonna try to attach some pics of him i took just now.... I am fearing for the worst now :( I thought we were doing sooo good he ate good last night again just bloodworms though... I am thawing another couple worms for him now to see if he will eat tonight....
Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #24 
Amotien

Last edited by Amotien; 10-29-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #25 
Amotien

Wooooow Ops sorry that picture was HUGE...not sure how to down size....
Old 10-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #26 
Amotien

He looks worse today.... now he is floating straight up and down virtical with his head at the top of the water and tail facing downward.... he then floated on his side at the top for a bit but he has definatly taken a turn for the worse... I am not sure he is gonna make it much longer..??? Any ideas on last ditch effort to save him?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #27 
Adastra

An extreme nose-up or nose-down position is usually an early sign of dropsy--something that occurs as a consequence of organ failure. This is too bad, it seemed like he was really doing well, too. But it's possible he had organ damage earlier on and that may have been the root of his problems to begin with.

I hope I am wrong, but if he starts pineconing, you can try to dose him with some epsom salt and see if he makes any improvement. If you don't have any epsom salt around, I hate to jinx it, but it might be prudent to go purchase some. :(
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #28 
ANHEL123

Hi,just wondering if betta survived.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote