Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
I just went to youtube to check out what these are and they are CUTE! I WANNA!
They are really neat little fish-I plan to get some of the dwarf fresh water species and try and breed/spawn them this winter-they have neat personalities too-and are great to have in a species only tank- especially if you have any snail problems...they love common snails and need hard foods on occasion to help wear down their tooth...now if I can only find the species I want...lol......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

I think VG has a puffer. They are definitely cute and one day I want to get one. It would be nice to have something I could feed my common snails to instead of constantly having to kill them because they breed so rapidly in my spawning tanks.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #13 
vaygirl

I have a little dwarf puffer. He's awesome. I feed him mainly frozen bloodworms and the occasional pond snail. He eats from tweezers and he's very lively. He's givin' me the bug eye while I type this, hoping for more worms cause I just fed him. O_O

I only have him in a 6 gallon by himself. I've read that you can keep the dwarf puffers together species only but I've also read that you can't. In cases of 'can' you need 5 gallons per dwarf and LOTS of hiding places and plants (live or fake). They're pretty easy to keep if you can get them on frozen food. Their metabolism is such that mine probably goes through 6-8 bloodworms a day and he's probably just about an inch long. He's an eating machine.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:18 AM   #14 
Duncan13

Pufferfish are carnivores and have sharp jaws, they would certainly destroy your betta, so I would not recommend it.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #15 
truthequalslies

They are adorable little buggers and uber smart too I taught mine to eat its snails from a "bowl" I took a water bottle cap and hotglued a flat marble to the bottom an strung thin fishing line through it so I can pull it up and then let back down an best part is he leaves the snail shells in the bowl so I can remove it before it fowls the water
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #16 
Iziezi

My sister has a small tank full of Mollys, and she loves the mini-puffers too, so I got her one for her birthday. Apparently the Mollys were faster swimmers and ate all the bloodworms, and the puffer starved.
Iziezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #17 
Duncan13

They are fascinating fish :)
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #18 
CrankyFish84

I love those guys!!! I want one soooo bad!!!!!!
I'm eyeing a 55G so I can do a puffer only tank, well..Puffer's and lots of snails so they can keep their beak down.
The are messy so a super filter is essential, like higher PH water, more salt added as they get older, and will eat anything they can catch that will fit in their hungry mouths....Piglets!
They'd be cool in a divided tank though w/ a betta...watching them interact.
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote