Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #1 
eclover09

Laborday's Junglegym

So I've been looking for a while for a new decoration for Laborday's tank, I had to take out one of the plants I had in it a few weeks ago, it was plastic but hadn't hurt him for a while till recently when he caught his reflection for the first time and decided to tank surf up and down behind the plant and ripped his fins...

I wanted to buy him something that would maybe entertain him and not tank surf so much, not just another plant, but his two gallon is more tall then wide and all the decor I could find either had to small of holes or two big to fit. So I ended up going to Walmart yesterday with my mom and saw this cute Halloween pumpkin candle holder thing, had a perfect little cave in the back of it, but I was wary to buy it. I know people put like coffee cups and all in there tanks, but those are obviously non toxic and I was to paranoid to buy the pumpkin not knowing if the paint or glass material is was made of was safe or not..

So needless to say I went to the kid's toy section, since I figured anything there would be non-toxic and there might be something there. I searched and searched and couldn't find anything, but then went to the cheapy isle and found this. It said for ages 0 & up so I figured if a little kid can put it in it's mouth, it's safe for a fish.

He really likes it, since it has all those holes he just swims in and out of it and then a few times he's just kinda chilled in it for a while before swimming out. Thought I'd share cause it looks pretty cute in his tank, it was like only four bucks and is really smooth and flexible. I'm going to go to walgreens tomorrow since they have random cheapy knick knacks and kid's toys and see if I can find anything else in the kid's section for maybe my other tanks. I also bought ping pong balls for everyone (except christmas, he's just to tiny) but so far no one seems interested in them lol.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #2 
dew

That is so cool! It looks like a dog toy I saw.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #3 
bloo97

So cool! I may try that. :P
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #4 
eclover09

Haha yeah I actually looked at the dog toys once since those are non toxic too, but the few things I found that I thought could work were too expensive and I figured if I was going to buy a dog toy, I'd buy it for my actual dogs and not fish lol.

And you should! There were other little kid toys too where I found it but again they were kinda big for his tank. But there was one that was like a little plastic doll house for like seven dollars, and then this other weird...I don't even know what it was, but it looked cool haha.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #5 
Learn To Fly

Wow that's cool! I think I may have to steal...er...copy the idea lol.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #6 
Jupiter

That's a great idea! I'd been thinking of adding hamster tubes to my tanks, but I like this more.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #7 
eclover09

I'm glad ya'll like : P Figured I would share lol
Old 10-20-2010, 04:25 AM   #8 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Awwe it's perfect! It is a really good idea. I might have to copy as well when I get a tank all set up =]

I have been looking around at Halloween decorations too, but haven't found anything I deemed as safe. Was going to look at the Halloween dog toys tomorrow at the pet store to see if I find anything there.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #9 
sunnymui

Awww that's so cute, and a great idea!
sunnymui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #10 
eclover09

I know, I went to Walgreens this morning and they had SO many cute Halloween decorations that would be perfect for little hiding spots, but of course, they don't state whether the material ect is non toxic...go figure lol.