Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #11 
MizzVamp115

My petco has gotten a few of the new bettas. They also got a new set up away from all the other fish with their own shelves and things like that. :D
MizzVamp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #12 
Fawnleaf

My Petco's bettas are ok... hardly any dead ones... they are all pretty healthy. Most males build bubble nests. However, it could be better. One great thing though is THEY HAVE A HUGE VARIETY! It's clear they don't get all brothers and sisters because they have plakats, half moons. ect. My friend got a pure white crowntail there a while ago. BEAUTIFUL! Anyways, I always come out of Petco with a new betta (as long as I have room) :) I love them! So... if you catch a new shipment they're all gorgeous!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #13 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I went to petco today, they have the new set up now. I think it looks worse. before they were on a shelving system alone that was like stairs, now they are in little cubbies and it just seemed more complicated to me.
I am still searching for 'the one' - most of them at petco today were dead =[
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #14 
CodeRed

My Petco has had all of those for about 3-4 weeks now (: There's one lonely King left, the rest are all HMKings, for the ridiculous amount of 30 bucks.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #15 
JKfish

Those poor halfmoons kings :( If they're big, then the cups used to hold regular bettas would be too small for them, they probably wouldn't even be able to swim forward... just float. If the prices were lower, they'd be sold faster, and wouldn't have to stay in a cup for so long.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #16 
Alex09

Yeah. The cups diameter is only a bit bigger than the fish's total length :( its sad.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #17 
Fawnleaf

The cups are not shrinking??? oh no!!! my petco's bowls haven't shrunk yet.... oh great!!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #18 
BettaBuddi1221

There are a lot of veriaty at my petco wichis great! But a week ago I went and they were all healthy and I went this week to get some more gravel and the cups were dirty and there was this one female you could se her internal organs and her fins were clamped shut and she was the size of a dime! Poor little girl.
BettaBuddi1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #19 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
The cups are not shrinking??? oh no!!! my petco's bowls haven't shrunk yet.... oh great!!
I was talking about the king bettas. They should have Bigger cups than regular bettas.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #20 
CodeRed

Actually, the HMKings are the same size as the Kings x.x; They're just big HMPKs, not big HMs. There's almost no difference between them and the Kings besides the occasional nice coloration. That's why they stay there so long. 30 bucks for a fish that looks the same as a 10 dollar or so one.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote