Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #1 
celine18

Unhappy goodbye mr. walmart betta

i know i never met you, but i greatly grieve for your loss. it was not your time, some cruel person took your life unfairly. i hope you enjoy that properly filtered 100 gallon tank in the sky.

yes, so today i went in walmart to buy candy for school and the candy was right beside the pet area, so i had to go over and look at the bettas. what do i see but a dead betta, floating in a cup of orange liquid. some horrible person, apparently, thought it would be funny to pour soda into this poor little bettas cup. (there was another dead betta, with a slight orange tint to his water too, but not to the level of this poor boy)

there were also 4 other dead, non-tampered-with-looking other bettas. and all the live ones could only barely be called live. so technically, this is a memorial for all the poor bettas who've been killed by the death trap called my local walmart. may they all enjoy their very own 100 gallon, properly filtered and aboundantly fed, tanks in the sky.
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

Hydrogen and stupidity are the most common things in the universe...half the stupidity is in Walmart.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #3 
Feral

Here's to all the lovely little creatures born and raised only to live short, miserable lives in plastic cups so that a heartless corporation can make a buck off the survivors.

Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #4 
Moldau

How awful! It's hard to believe how little some people think life is worth. Like it's something to throw away for their amusement.

On the other hand, it's thoughtful of you to put a tribute to the betta on here, even though you never met him. I think this world would be a much better place if people in general were more like the betta lovers on here.
Moldau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:14 AM   #5 
Waterbottle2

People who do these kinds of things dont seem human to me. I pray for people like this they surely need it.

What they have done is TRUELY disgusting
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:32 AM   #6 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I really dont understand people. Who would ever think it was okay to poor soda into a Betta cup? Even when I was younger I knew that was wrong. I mean, a worm is on the sidewalk when it rains and I move it over into the grass so it doesnt get hurt.. I just dont understand people at all.

Poor Betta.. may they all RIP.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:32 AM   #7 
sunnymui

That's awful. I can't believe someone would do that to a live creature
sunnymui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #8 
celine18

they even left the soda cup sitting right beside his cup.

this has really made me lose faith in the people who live around here...
Old 10-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #9 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine18 View Post
they even left the soda cup sitting right beside his cup.

this has really made me lose faith in the people who live around here...
I would hope that you wouldn't judge all the people in your area based on this one cruel and senseless act- human beings are capable of great acts of kindness as well as cruelty but unfortunately it's the latter that we most notice ourselves and have drummed into us by the media- the noble deeds are too often unseen and unnoticed. I personally have been the recipient of many great acts of kindness in my long life, often by total strangers who had no reason to care if I lived or died and yet were moved by compassion to go out of their way to lend a helping hand.

Never lose faith in your fellow man
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #10 
celine18

well that walmarts in a fairly bad part of town, the projects are right by it, and there's not a bunch of good people around there.

also, we've had a bunch of animal cruelty goin on around here lately, i'm sure yall heard about the animal testing center that peta recently shut down. thats just one of many bad animal-related things thats happened around here, and i'm just so fed up with all these people who treat animals like crap.