Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #11 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine18 View Post
well that walmarts in a fairly bad part of town, the projects are right by it, and there's not a bunch of good people around there.

also, we've had a bunch of animal cruelty goin on around here lately, i'm sure yall heard about the animal testing center that peta recently shut down. thats just one of many bad animal-related things thats happened around here, and i'm just so fed up with all these people who treat animals like crap.
I don't blame you a bit, it makes me angry as well. Just don't let things like this make you bitter about humanity is all- in the long run, you'll pay more dearly for it than those whose acts made you that way and bitter people never made a better world for those yet to come.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #12 
miyko

well to make your life a little bit happier today.... my local walmart has shut down its petcenter!!! no more poor betta's that dont get looked after in this town!!!! the only other person who carries betta's in this town is a betta lover himself and although he is forced to keep most in cups he does do water changes in them every day... he loves them and tries his best to find them all bigger homes then the cup befor they are even adopted
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #13 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyko View Post
well to make your life a little bit happier today.... my local walmart has shut down its petcenter!!! no more poor betta's that dont get looked after in this town!!!! the only other person who carries betta's in this town is a betta lover himself and although he is forced to keep most in cups he does do water changes in them every day... he loves them and tries his best to find them all bigger homes then the cup befor they are even adopted
I'm glad to hear that Miyko- if Wallyworld can't at least safeguard them from it's slimier shoppers and change their water I'd just as soon they didn't carry them... Breaks my heart every time I see them on that shelf and I just want to rescue them all. And that would only make matters worse because then their stocking computer would probably decide that this store was a hot spot for selling Bettas and place a double order...

Last edited by Feral; 10-21-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #14 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:

Yayyy! I wish mine would do that. Did they tell you why?
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #15 
Fawnleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeDiscoSuperfly View Post
I really dont understand people. Who would ever think it was okay to poor soda into a Betta cup? Even when I was younger I knew that was wrong. I mean, a worm is on the sidewalk when it rains and I move it over into the grass so it doesnt get hurt.. I just dont understand people at all.

Poor Betta.. may they all RIP.
SO DO I!! My dad doesn't get me at all... I just gotta move the worms out of the way! They always get stepped on and I always get sad. Once I saved a half-crushed worm from my dog and put it in Tupperware with dirt and a plant from outside. He recovered and I was so happy. I released him two weeks later. My parents thought I was nuts. :)
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #16 
MizzVamp115

That is so sad. I can't believe someone would actually pour soda in the fishes bowl. >.<
MizzVamp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #17 
celine18

Quote:
wow thats awesome!!! do you know why they shut it down??? i'd love to try shutting my walmarts betta killing operations down.
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #18 
Dead Sunlight

my walmart pet center closed down for an act that some impatient person did too. YAY! (i was actually there)

someone actually bagged the fish herself cause the person wasnt there.
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #19 
celine18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Sunlight View Post
someone actually bagged the fish herself cause the person wasnt there.
were your bettas not in cups????

also, a good sign, my larger walmart (not the same bad one) that has always had sad looking bettas, but not quite as horrible as the other one, seems to be shutting down its betta selling!!!! there were only 5 or 6 there today, and they were on the end, near the super cheap tanks, probably the clearance section, so i'll have to keep a watch and see if any new guys show up....hopefully not.......
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #20 
miyko

umm the wallmart in my town is getting a grosery section and well its just "un sanitary" so they just stoped placing orders for ALL fish and sold what they could gave the rest to rick's...
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote