Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #11 
puppyrjjkm

I have fake driftwood that's hollow with some holes in it. Except the fish never use it! Haha
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #12 
CjRager89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Live plants and driftwood!
lol same here. Gotta have em, gives it that realistic feel.

But if had to choose one thing.....I'm a huge fan of my background (well of course I am, I bought it) but its so much nicer than the regular ones. Its one from designsbynature.com(or net???) its basically foam that looks like different rocks or roots, they got tons.

this is the one in my 2.5 gal. Im using that fake driftwood in my divided 10 gal
Attached Images

CjRager89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #13 
BlueHaven

Live plants and river rocks. And driftwood and coconut huts. You can see a pattern here, :D

BUT I have always loved this decoration at the petsmart site (And store, I always see them there):
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...lickid=prod_cs
And the gold one.
I'm hoping to get one eventually, though it's not something I need, I would love to put it in one of my aquariums and grow moss on it.
I love dragons!
Either this one or a Gargoyle statue. :)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #14 
Posaune

I"ve seen those too BlueHaven, they are awesome :) I've limited myself though :P I"ve already spent too much on my fish this year lol. My favorite is the buddha statue/ruin, though I like the Shinto arch decoration on the other side too :P I like to go for the ruins/natural look in my tanks. I've been thinking, since I dont' have a lot of decorations to choose from, that I should just switch which side of the tank my boys are on once in awhile. Change it up for them :)
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #15 
Chicklet

Tried most everything I guess,
And nothing beats the natural look,
Driftwood & Rocks, Both of Which I collect along the sea shore and live plants,
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #16 
Jayy

I like caves, rocks and tall plants. My fish don't use their caves eiether lol!! I really like natural looking tanks, but I like to have a tank with neon blue gravel, glow in the dark plants, and a NO FISHING sign in the bunch.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #17 
Tomsk

My first 2 tanks have just bogwood and live plants in,for my third I wanted to add something different.After a few weeks looking I finally went for an asian style "stone" statue which when put in with live plants and a small piece of bogwood gives it a jungle look.
You can see the tank in my tank pics on my profile,though all 3 tanks now have more plants in them.

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #18 
CjRager89

more maybe myan?? not so asian. either way the tank looks great bud!
CjRager89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #19 
Capricorn

I love my plants, though Nettle has one of those "broken vases" from petco.. his is the tank one. The holes appear jagged like they were broken, but they're smooth as to not harm fish. He loves it. xD
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #20 
Lenalee Nilla
Banned

I mostly use live plants, as well as various rocks and chunks of wood I find in my ravine. Whenever I find a good piece that has character I scrub it, first with a toilet scrubber I bought specifically fro the aquariums, then I use a toothbrush to get the nooks and crannies the bigger brush couldn't get. Then I head outside and blast it with my hose, on the highest pressure setting, to blast the gunk I couldnt get before out. THEN I head back inside and boil it for an hour for each pound. After that I take it back outside and blast it with the hose again, then I soak it for two days, changing the water each day, THEN I FINALLY put it in a tank. My favorite piece of wood is cuilt kind of like a stalagmite/tite and has a natural hole and channel on it, which just gets me giddy when i think about it. If I ever wanted a terrarium im using that chunk for a waterfall. Another piece has a few natural holes and a sweet bend. With rocks I make sure they arent acidic or anything, scrub them, and then set them in. I only have one ornament in a tank, and thats because the tank has an odd shape and its hard to find wood that will fit in it. The plants I use are Anarachis(?), amazon sword, and anubias.I have yet to get anything else due to monetary limitations and whatnot.
Lenalee Nilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decor