Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #1 
VioletTrauma

Exclamation Ball Python Help!

okay i was asked to adopt a 3ft ball python since my friend cannot handle her and her brother(7ft)
i have no experience with snakes and would like ot know what i would be getting in to since i dont want him to give her away to a complete stranger! D=
HELP!

EDIT: she will be coming in a tank with her favorite log anf with bedding and everything i need to start off ^^;;;;

Last edited by VioletTrauma; 10-20-2010 at 05:54 PM.
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #2 
CodeRed

Ball pythons are very good starter snakes, but are you prepared to feed live? Ball Pythons are notoriously picky eaters, sometimes going on hunger strikes for months. In fact, some actually starve themselves to death. NOW, I'm not saying all are like that, some that frozen/thawed easily and consistently, you've just got to be prepared.
Other than that, Ball Pythons are supposed to be amazing pets. Slow, steady, and usually calm, they're the perfect "chilling" snakes (: Great to take out and just watch TV or surf the internet with.
Good luck! Be sure to look up MANY care sheets, and look at ball-pythons.net forum for any additional help.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #3 
Jupiter

I don't know anything about snake keeping, but good luck! Show us some pics when she comes!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #4 
VioletTrauma

thanks~
Old 10-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #5 
VioletTrauma

i spoke with dad about the snake just now and hes thinking about it. I spoke her current owner(my friend) to get a better idea of care an all that and her history. apparently she was a rescue from a couple who didnt even have the thing needed to care for her no heat source and they hadnt fed her in two months.
so my friend got her for 40 and nursed he back to health. renamed her and then he realized he couldnt give her the attention he needed so yeah this is where i come in.
^^;;;
Her name is Shiva
Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

Oh I LOOOVE my ball python! They are sweeties! Oh dear I wish I could take her..7 ft??? Are you serious?? I have NEVER seen a ball get that big.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

If you can't take her, I know someone who is a great ball python caretaker who has been looking for an adult BP, he also lives in Texas and would be a great new snake daddy :) :) just saying..
Old 10-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #8 
VioletTrauma

no shes 3 but her "Brother" is 7. my friend who she currently resides with cannot keep up with her brother Leviathan and her so yeah

i plan on taking her at the moment and am making a space for her ^^
Old 10-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #9 
purplemuffin

Still, that's even more bizarre for a male to get that big XD The boys barely hit 6 foot usually!

Awesome! I'm glad :) I loove my maru girl!

She's a fatty!

I only mentioned that just in case your father has a freakout! :) It's happened to me and nathan..almost got an adult red tail boa for 25 dollars+100 gallon tank...The day before he flipped out and canceled. GEEZ!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #10 
VioletTrauma

oh well i think it'll be okay cuz i told him her size n all and my friend told me all about her before hand.
also that hes supply me with anything she needs from her tank to bedding and anything else she needs. he just wants her to have a good safe home with a friend
^^you have a pretty snake!