Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #31 
dew

I have heard that pvc pipe works.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #32 
cballas

I saw a hamster house, it was plastic...and kinda see through..I wonder if that would work?
Or even a wheel? lol think they'd push it around?

I've never seen a Betta Hammock....I want some!

Last edited by cballas; 10-23-2010 at 03:55 PM.
cballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #33 
Fawnleaf

With the house, wouldn't there be the danger of drowning? I mean if they couldn't find their way out again??
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #34 
Fawnleaf

ps. The hammock is like a fake leaf with a suction cup that you put close to the top of the water and your betta is supposed to rest there. Looks cute, but why would they use it? lol It's only $2.00
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #35 
HayrideHaunter

Marbles is absolutely fascinated by the bubbles from his airstone...its in a tube (built into his filter) so its like a column of bubbles...he stares at it, absolutely mesmerized.

Anywho I'd like to try a betta hammock, and I wanted to try ping pong balls but I cant find any (and i dont have money to buy a pack)...I may try the glass bead though! Thanks for the ideas!
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #36 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
ps. The hammock is like a fake leaf with a suction cup that you put close to the top of the water and your betta is supposed to rest there. Looks cute, but why would they use it? lol It's only $2.00
My betta uses it, not this particular deco as a tall live plant leaf that extends to the surface is the same thing. At night I catch him resting on the top leaf of my live plant. He does this during night time rest periods so he can take quicker gulps of air this way stead of having to swim all the way up and back down. Smart little boy my betta is
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #37 
Malvolti

First I have to say: Holy Necro Batman!

Now I'll add something constructive.

I just got Betta logs for my boys (well, for christmas) and everyone in the tank loves them.

Howl spends a lot of time sitting in his with just his head poking out. Almost like he's the foreman at a job site or a prison guard in a watch tower. If any of the inmates (frogs or shrimp) get out of hand he swoops down and flares at them.

The frogs love to wedge themselves between the logs and the glass. The shrimp like to try cleaning the logs when Howl lets them near it.

Last edited by Malvolti; 01-12-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:49 AM   #38 
DormDrax

Drax...

I don't know... he does OBSCURE weird things...

I still think he's plotting to kill me >,>

He goes into his cave alot and does... stuff.
Just tonight I got home and went to feed him and he was nowhere to be found. I actually panicked alittle because I SWEAR I had looked in the cave, I even looked around the floor thinking he made it out... yet... like a few minutes and raised blood pressure later (Lol) he poked his head out of the cave and looked at me like "Oh... um... I wasn't doin nutin...*Snicker* Honest! *Snicker*"

He's blind in his bad eye (Sad I know ) But it's kinda got it's cute part to it... if I drop a pellet or two above him and if the pellet is on his right side (His bad eye) he doesn't notice it so will turn to the glass and be like. "HEY! You didn't drop anything in!" Then open his mouth in a 'MeeP Meep!" sorta way until he turns around with his good eye and is like. "Oh... there it is..." where he then noms it.

Other things being that he likes to look at all the stuff in the tank, he also ... I don't know if he's really looking or just happens to be staring in the same direction as several pictures I have outside of the tank.

I may have to put a small mirror up... he does seem to catch his reflection now and then and does seem to have fun with it.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #39 
HayrideHaunter

I tried floating a bottlecap and a little plastic disposable lid last night for a while...Marbles ignore the bottlecap but was absolutely enthralled by the lid. He didnt push it around, didnt nudge it..nope...he sat there and stared for at least 20 minutes, only moving elsewhere to surface. haha
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #40 
amandag3001

Some great idea's on this tread! I put a mirror next to Zen's tank every other day or so. He get's so excited - FLARE! And my daughter draws pictures for Spot all the time. He always has something new to look at. My little girl - Sophie - loves being in the kitchen and watching everything that's happening.
amandag3001 is offline   Reply With Quote