Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #1 
Betta Slave

Okay match...?

To keep the cellophane thing going, at least?

Faust is ready to breed, quite plainly. He's building thick bubblenests that are almost the size of Spiri's (which, if you had been looking at my previous breeding threads, were pretty big.)

He's a cellophane DBT. I'm sure you don't really need pics for that, but if you do, just tell me.

Unfortunately I have never, ever EVER come across a female cello of any kind whatsoever... and until I find a lighter colored girl than Hattie (all of the girls at my pet store are black w/ red fins) this will just have to do. My parents said no more bettas anyway...

So to keep up with the cellophane line, which would be better? I'm thinking Hattie, my female HM. Though this is going to be tough. ...What would I get? HMDBT's... :D?

Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #2 
Adastra

Unless the female is DBT geno, you won't get any DBTs in F1. The best match for a cellophane male would likely be a cellophane or marble female. Marble spawns often throw cellophanes. From this pair you'll probably get multicolors--blues and greens with red wash, maybe some cambodians with blue/green sheen.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

Oh, sorry, dumb-moment there... I knew very well that you don't get DBT's the first spawn. >.>

Thank you :) I'm thinking I'll breed them, and then breed Faust to the best ones out of the spawn.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #4 
effy

i think i have a cellophane female... not that this helps you at all, but they do exist. she's a beaut :) hoping to breed her soon! good luck with your spawn i look forward to seeing what you get!
effy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

I agree with Adastra. When you get a good cello daughter breed her back to dad and then inbreed. You'll get a lot of DTs and possible cellos.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote