Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #1 
SilverCaracal

Angry Advice!!

Ok so last Friday I found out that some teachers got bettas for their classroom. I went after class today to check on them. AND GUESS WHAT?! Two adult male bettas were in a ½ gallon “tank made just for bettas” TOGETHER!! That means they each get ¼ of a gallon!! Luckily, there was at least a divider between them, but they were flaring A LOT!! The HM betta’s tail was ripped really badly, probably due to the flaring and stress. It kind of looked like a CT with really thick rays. What should I do??? I would give the teachers my ½ gallon tank, but I use it to mix and store water. Curse the pet store employees for telling lies. Now every person thinks a betta can live in an inch of water. I was thinking about this the whole day, but I can’t think of a solution. I don’t want to annoy the teachers. They know me, but not that well…
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Write up a care sheet-fact-vs-myth
Don't make it sounds as if you are threatening otherwise the teacher may go on the defense and stop reading/listening, offer your assistance, this web-site
The whats, whys, how comes...etc.......
Explain-surviving-vs-thriving
Approach in a positive way
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #3 
SilverCaracal

Hmmm...I just don't want to be annoying. Found out today that a student bought them for the class. *sigh*
Old 10-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

You won't be annoying! Just say how a lot of times these pets are misunderstood--we shouldn't just buy something because it's 'for bettas'.. Think about commercials, do we believe every single commercial 'proven' to make us lose weight, gain muscle, get smarter, etc. etc. whatever?

Just say how much prettier she can decorate the nice big tanks, how much less time she will have to spend cleaning them, and how much more active they will be!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

Well that HMs fins are probably ruined now...he blew his tail..actually I think a lot of people blame tail biting when in reality a lot of cases are blowing the tail.

Anyway, just give her websites like:

www.bettatalk.com
www.bettysplendens.com
www.bettachat181.webs.com (hehe that's my site *grin*)

And of coure this site..the best betta forum in the world hehe

And if she still dosen't believe you...grab the tank and run :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #6 
dirtyfishbow

knoewing what u know about betta's ( depending on the age of the class ) ask to bring ur tank in, ( take on for the team ) and share the beauty of the fish with the class matres and treachers. hope to kinda go under the radar, they get a new hobby, and u saved our friends.
dirtyfishbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #7 
SilverCaracal

Purplemuffin - I'm not even sure they put water conditioner in the tank...):

MrVampire181 - Maybe I should. Show her the sites...but I think running with the tank would be faster. Sadly, some people know I'm obsessed with bettas, so that won't turn out well.

dirtyfishbow - Umm...I'm in eighth grade :) Plus they're not my teachers, and my tank is way heavy...

Ok. So I'm thinking about showing them sites and maybe giving random information now and them. Sadly, they aren't the teachers to care. I'll try my best. Should I give them some Aquarium Salt to help heal the HM's fins? Haha I can imagine their expressions :)
Old 10-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #8 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCaracal View Post
Ok so last Friday I found out that some teachers got bettas for their classroom. I went after class today to check on them. AND GUESS WHAT?! Two adult male bettas were in a ½ gallon “tank made just for bettas” TOGETHER!! That means they each get ¼ of a gallon!! Luckily, there was at least a divider between them, but they were flaring A LOT!! The HM betta’s tail was ripped really badly, probably due to the flaring and stress. It kind of looked like a CT with really thick rays. What should I do??? I would give the teachers my ½ gallon tank, but I use it to mix and store water. Curse the pet store employees for telling lies. Now every person thinks a betta can live in an inch of water. I was thinking about this the whole day, but I can’t think of a solution. I don’t want to annoy the teachers. They know me, but not that well…
Refer them to this site as a helpful hint- we'll set them straight for you and you can watch (from a safe distance)
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #9 
SilverCaracal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Refer them to this site as a helpful hint- we'll set them straight for you and you can watch (from a safe distance)
Lol! I would, but I don't like the thought of teachers that go to my school lurking on this site. If I do, could somebody delete this thread?
Old 10-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #10 
BettaBuddi1221

This sugestion might work, maybe. You could write up a openion sheet for the kids to fill out and the teachers might cange their minds and get a bigger tank if their kids say it is bad.
BettaBuddi1221 is offline   Reply With Quote