Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #1 
eclover09

I Got A 20 Gallon! :D

So I had to share this with the only people who would understand my excitement, cause my other friends think I'm just plain weird being all giddy over this lol.

So for the past few weeks I've noticed that Valentine is getting rather big for his two gallon. It's not like he dwarfs it, but its certainly not as roomy a space like for my Veteran. So I had been planning for two weeks on buying him a five gallon...then just a few days ago when my mom went to petsmart she said there was a fifteen gallon for only twenty dollars more and had the same things as the five gallon, so we decided on getting that one instead soon. Then today we went grocery shopping in Scottsdale (very fancy part of Arizona near Phoenix) and went to the petsmart there, and my mom saw this twenty gallon on sale for seventy four bucks AND it included a heater, where as the fifteen gallon was seventy one and had no heater. So needless to say, my mom said we should totally buy the twenty gallon and can split it three ways for my first three fish :D And about all afternoon I have not shut up about it rofl.

I may not split it three ways though, for its more tall then long and if I split it three ways there really wouldn't be much room at the bottom for decorations, so I'm thinking just splitting it in half for Valentine and Laborday. It's a Marineland twenty gallon with a Marineland Stealth heater. I just have to wait til the end of the month when I get my next paycheck to start buying decorations. I'm going to cycle it using the live plant method, Ive always wanted live plants :D And Monday I'm going to order heaters for my two other fish. Only thing that sucks is I saw a BEAUTIFUL orange crowntail male and then a GORGEOUS all blue half moon male at the petsore, I wanted them so bad but I knew buying them just wasn't pratical since I need to spend enough money on the fish I have already, but it was tough to leave them.

BUUUTT, I have a twenty gallon!!! And I'm so excited. I'm such a fish freak rofl. I'll put pictures up once I get it set up hopefully in a week or two. Valentine's theme is going to be pirates, and Laborday's theme will be roman.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #2 
BlueHaven

That's cool, :)
Getting a new tank to set up/decorate for a new fish is fun!
Live plants are great, I had a plastic and silk plant in the beginning, but eventually changed to live plants and I defintely prefer them.

Last edited by BlueHaven; 10-23-2010 at 08:12 PM.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #3 
Alexanderismylife

So jealous xD I want to get a 20 gallon split up for my two new boys! I cannot wait to see some pictures of it when it's all set-up! Congrats on the new tank!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #4 
Jupiter

That's so awesome! And it's good that your mom approved too! Your bettas will love their big upgrade.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #5 
Jayy

Congrats on the 20gal!!! I hope your bettas love it!! I've heard of Scottsdale before, they hold the barrett -jackson car autions there now and then.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #6 
eclover09

Thanks guys :D Yeah, when I called my dad and told him he was like "wth? why a ten gallon for one fish?!" and even when I told him it was for two fishes, he still was dumbfounded why my mom and I would bother buying it (she and I split the price). But my mom's a big animal lover like me and although she's not really a fish person, she indulges my hobby lol and loves my fishes (Christmas is her favorite, but then again Christmas is everyone's favorite haha). So she's pretty excited about setting it up too.

Ahhh I can't wait till the 31st when I get my check, I want to decorate the tank so bad ><

Last edited by dramaqueen; 10-24-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #7 
CjRager89

im guessing this is also a std 20 not a 20 long since you said it was taller than it was long?? sitting here looking at my 20, i think it would be fine and dandy to divide it into 3 sections. I think its one of those things where it looks small when youre eyeing it up, but "grows" when you start to decorate. I would go for it :)

You said it came with the marineland stealth heater, did it come with a filter? Which one if so?? (just curious)

btw congrats on the new tank!!
CjRager89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 AM   #8 
eclover09

Hmmm well then I might. I just got notebooks and put them in the tank to see it in three sections and the bottom just seemed a bit small, like I could only fit a few plants and a small decoration. I def don't think it's a 20 long. But I may just buy two dividers and try it out. It would be better for me to put three, cause then I could have two free two gallons instead of one for future fish.

Yeah it came with a filter, a marineland penguin power filter or something? Its downstairs so I'm not quite sure, Im def going to sponge baffle it though cause I'm sure by it's size it's strong.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 AM   #9 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

yayy congrats! it is too bad you don't live near me, I have been trying to get rid of my 29 gallon for 3 weeks on CL with no luck. UGH!

cant wait to see pics when it's all set up!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote