Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #11 
rmcwilli

@TaylorW
it really is a strange curve. however, he only seems to have problems with the concave sides, not the convex. which i found odd. one would think both sides would reflect the same, no?
rmcwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #12 
Colibri

Maybe you could try putting the tank in another place? Perhaps the color of a wall or something like that is making him see his reflection more. Or, try putting something in the tank or outside of it to catch his attention and distract him. :)
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #13 
TaylorW

Haha, you would think! :D

It's a really awesome looking tank though, but I could see how the sides could reflect light strangely under the right conditions! Maybe he'll calm down with less lamp light though, and you might be able to turn it back on or angle it differently when he gets used to the new tank :) Good luck with your fishy!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #14 
rmcwilli

@Colibri
i live in a dorm room and have him in the only place i can possibly fit him. thanks for the advice though.
@TaylorW
thanks for the advice, and also good luck with your fishy.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #15 
Colibri

Yeah, I now that dealing with such a tiny space can be complicated, but, really... try to get him something nice in the tank. Something that will catch his attention and make him forget of the reflection he sees. Maybe an air stone could do the trick. Some plants, places he can hide. Give him a place he can explore. :)
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #16 
rmcwilli

he has a couple plants in there already, but there is not much else i can give him at this time. due to money being tight and space being limited. but i am going to see if i can get my parents to give me some things for him as Christmas presents. i have heard that maybe a ping pong ball would be fun for him, and am considering trying to find a sporting goods store to get him some.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #17 
TaylorW

You can use silk plants from walmart or the dollar store to decorate your tank! Make sure they don't have metal wires though!! And you can use rocks from outside if they pass the vinegar test. Put a drop of vinegar on the rock, and if it fizzes, DON'T put it in the tank! And hot glue is safe to use if the sticks are clear, you can cut up the silk plants and glut it to a rock to make your own decoration!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #18 
rmcwilli

i never even thought of that! thanks a lot!