Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #11 
Adastra

The extra heat won't kill the ich, it just speeds their lifecycle along so that any salt or other meds can start working faster. I recommend doing a little research on the life-cycle of ich so that you understand exactly how to treat for it. It really makes a lot of sense once you see the whole picture.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #12 
Caliban

The shoebox size won't work with my heater, so I'll have to go buy something in the morning. I understand that it won't kill it, but the way I understood it is extreme temperatures can help rid it from a tank, and without a fish in the tank, I could up it to 90 or so. I understand it encapsulates when it is on the fish and is resistant to treatment, but heat causes it to "hatch" and release into water where it becomes vulnerable. The way I understand it, it can live on fish and plants, but after about four days without either it will die on non-biologicals. Should I be concerned about placing decorations that have been in his tank into another tank?
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:05 AM   #13 
Caliban

I have everything set up for a hospital, but the few dots there were don't seem to be there now. I'm not sure if this is because the ick "matured" or if I just jumped to conclusions about what they are. Either way, I'm reluctant to put him through the stress of a move if I don't have to...
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote