Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #1 
ashleyy

Planting help, please :]

Alright, So I have two HYbrid Aponongeton Bulbs from walmart in a liter tank(with filtered water and some crushed betta pellets for ammonia) sitting on the window sill. They have sprouted nicely. 6 sprouts on one and 5 on the other. All about 1-2 inches long.

I don't know if I want to add them to my uncycled, 2.5 gallon tank yet. Especially because the tank doesn't get much sunlight and for lighting I just have a small LED light from Marina.

Should I wait to add them until I get a 5 gallon, and cycle it? This will be in December.

And if I do add them, could i put them in a small ceramic dish with gravel? (I've been keeping his tank bare bottom to make sure he is pooping okay)
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #2 
BlueHaven

If it's made out of the same things as coffee cups, then it should be okay. Or you could just plant it in a terracotta pot. :)

If it gets a fair ammount of light (low light) it should be fine. I read the back of a package those plants came in and it said on the easier side and good in many water conditions.

You could always just try it and take it out if you see it's not doing well. Just watch it closely and it should (I don't know why it wouldn't) perk back up in the sunlight if it's not well in the tank.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote