Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #21 
TaylorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
It can be difficult for new owners to find ways for disposing of the their fish's body in a dignified manner. I couldn't stand the idea of flushing or throwing their bodies away, or even burying them in the back yard where an animal could dig them up. Instead, I buried the fish in a flower pot and planted a lovely peace lily plant over his body. Whenever I see the lilies bloom, I think of him.

It's a much nicer thing to keep around and a much less grim way to see death.. it's more like a rebirth when you see the plant bloom and grow.
Aww, that's beautiful Adastra! Maybe I will do that when my fish's time has come...
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #22 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
It can be difficult for new owners to find ways for disposing of the their fish's body in a dignified manner. I couldn't stand the idea of flushing or throwing their bodies away, or even burying them in the back yard where an animal could dig them up. Instead, I buried the fish in a flower pot and planted a lovely peace lily plant over his body. Whenever I see the lilies bloom, I think of him.

It's a much nicer thing to keep around and a much less grim way to see death.. it's more like a rebirth when you see the plant bloom and grow.
We have something kinda like that right now. When I was 6/7 my cat got hit by a car, so we burried her in the back yard and my dad bought this really gorgeous plant and we planted it over her. Everytime we moved, we dug the plant up and it came with us. My dad has it over at his house now.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think this whole topic is rather gross.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #24 
Betta Slave

I completely agree; I don't really see why you would want to preserve your fish. Just my opinion though.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #25 
truthequalslies

It makes sense to me its kinda gross that ppl burn up their relatives an show them off in nice pretty jars or urns its a closure thing it makes ppl feel better about them being gone if their still kinda there
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #26 
TaylorW

I kinda like the idea of making a memorial of your fish somehow. It's weird to preserve it, but if it makes the owner's loss easier, then why not? :P If it works, it would be kinda neat...
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #27 
Jupiter

Well, to each their own...we should disrespect OP's want to perserve his fish, even if some of us don't personally like the idea.

As for actually perserving fish, I have no idea apart from fromaldehyde. I'd definitely not go with the advice you were given...she just made it up, Ithink.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #28 
Alex09

You could always freeze it…
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote