Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #21 
fishgurl

I'm trying to stick to things that I'll actually be able to watch in the tank. I have problems sleeping a lot, and my mother discovered when I was a kid that if I have like, a fish tank, or something that I can watch that doesn't make noise, it puts me out pretty fast. So, staying away from brackish water. I was looking at different frogs too, and was very sad to discover that some of the species that I really like, the Dwarf in particular, have a nasty habit of shredding live plants or uprooting them, which knocks them out of my list of possibilities immediately because I'm looking to keep my plants as is.
fishgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #22 
Moldau

Wow, that's a really cool tank! I hope you can find something that will work out well in it. I can't really help you when it comes to amphibians since I've never kept them, but it's great that you're doing so much research. I do agree, carnivorous plants are great. I had venus fly traps when I was little but I had trouble keeping them alive for very long. We have a pitcher plant back home that's lasted over ten years, though. Not really sure exactly how long we've had it, it's just been so long I've lost track.
Moldau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #23 
fishgurl

I actually decided against getting the tank because while we were out at an exotic pet shop in Houston, I absolutely fell in love with a Lacerta Lepida, also known as the Jeweled or Eyed Lizard. So I'm going to purchase a set up for him instead. HOWEVER, while at Petco purchasing some shrimp to feed my room mate's mantis shrimp, I spotted an absolutely gorgeous crowntail betta that I absolutely had to have. He's currently swimming happily around his brand new 2.5 gallon minibow. I'm going to try to get pictures of him tomorrow.
fishgurl is offline   Reply With Quote