Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #21 
purplemuffin
Member
 
purplemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Texas
Thanks! :) Well.. I just want to make sure the thermometer works good? XD

So many years of keeping herps has taught me how DANGEROUS a bad thermometer can be...Not good if you think the hot side is 90 because the thermometer is wrong and it's really 120 or something! Yuck!

I mean, I only ever see good reviews online, so I guess I got a good one! :) I just like to make sure I'm safe and my fish is too!


I will be home november 19th! :) And will stay home until January, and at that point the fish should be coming with me back to college!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:48 AM   #22 
LikeDiscoSuperfly
Member
 
LikeDiscoSuperfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
I will be home november 19th! :) And will stay home until January, and at that point the fish should be coming with me back to college!

Awwe it's coming up quick then! probably feels longer to you. lol!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #23 
purplemuffin
Member
 
purplemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Texas
Yesss, it's feeling like forever! I can't wait to meet my new friend, but I also miss my wonderful boyfriend of 2+ years and my odd assortment of other pets.. and my family of course ;)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #24 
LikeDiscoSuperfly
Member
 
LikeDiscoSuperfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Yesss, it's feeling like forever! I can't wait to meet my new friend, but I also miss my wonderful boyfriend of 2+ years and my odd assortment of other pets.. and my family of course ;)
Awwe, see I could never have gone to college far away (and by far away I man even just over a 1 1/2 drive) from my boyfriend and animals. I would be a home sick mess!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #25 
purplemuffin
Member
 
purplemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Texas
Ohhh I most definitely am! :,( Breaks my HEART but I know this is the right school for me, and I know that I would regret not going. I had my heart set on SCAD since middle school...No matter how much I adore Nathan, I know I couldn't switch schools because of him--I wouldn't want to feel like I missed out, and I wouldn't EVER want to put him in a position where I could one day resent making the choice(because I know I don't want to have the excuse--If I can't get a job in the arts, I don't want my mind to say 'well maybe if you had gotten a degree at an arts college instead of a cheap one at home'..Thoughts I never want to have! I'm doing the best I can, and once I have done that, then I can be home and anything that happens, happens.)

We're still going strong though ;) the poor boy does have all the added stress of the animals though..lol!



Mom says she thinks poor Dionysus is lonely! XD awww.. He's in my room right now, and no one goes in there except to feed and water change and stuff..She says everytime she walks in he swims right up to the glass to say hello!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #26 
luv2run21
New Member
 
luv2run21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashua, Newhampshire
awww i cant see the picture!
luv2run21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #27 
LikeDiscoSuperfly
Member
 
LikeDiscoSuperfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Ohhh I most definitely am! :,( Breaks my HEART but I know this is the right school for me, and I know that I would regret not going. I had my heart set on SCAD since middle school...No matter how much I adore Nathan, I know I couldn't switch schools because of him--I wouldn't want to feel like I missed out, and I wouldn't EVER want to put him in a position where I could one day resent making the choice(because I know I don't want to have the excuse--If I can't get a job in the arts, I don't want my mind to say 'well maybe if you had gotten a degree at an arts college instead of a cheap one at home'..Thoughts I never want to have! I'm doing the best I can, and once I have done that, then I can be home and anything that happens, happens.)

We're still going strong though ;) the poor boy does have all the added stress of the animals though..lol!



Mom says she thinks poor Dionysus is lonely! XD awww.. He's in my room right now, and no one goes in there except to feed and water change and stuff..She says everytime she walks in he swims right up to the glass to say hello!
Well I can understand that, good for you. =]
I had quite a few friends that were accepted to nice colleges, and whitched at the last minute to stay with boyfriends they had here going to community college. needless to say, here we are 2 years later and only one of them is still with the boyfriend.


Awwe, poor guy. Maybe she could leave a radio playing for him. When I leave I leave the tv on for my dogs, and the radio for my cat.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #28 
purplemuffin
Member
 
purplemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Texas
Yep.. My plan was...why should I pick? If I stayed home, what if we had broken up? If he really is 'the one', then.. it will work out whether I stay home or go to college. If we break up(which, at this point is highly doubtful honestly) while I'm away, I know that we probably would have still broken up if I had stayed--maybe would have lasted longer, but then that could have been even worse, better a breakup than a divorce...

LOL! It's weird talking about that stuff about him though. I'm realistic, but I'm also hopeful. I know we work, because we are both WILLING to work.. If there is a problem, we will fix it. We want to make each other happy, we aren't together because it makes ourselves happy(that's just a natural side effect of being together :3).. I dunno. It would take quite a bit to break this. I know life can throw some awful things at ya, but I think we can make it, as long as we both continue to work at our relationship and keeping ourselves on top :) Life is never 100 percent sure, I do keep that in mind, but I am rather optimistic. :)


Awww that would be cute. I wish they liked to listen to music like birds do..I love watching our cockatiel dance when we turn on her favorite songs XD Now she's no Frostie(Look up frostie dances to shake your tailfeathers on youtube! Awesome!) but she does like to dance around occasionally, and appreciates the exercise! :)

Very close to going home! I have a nice macro camera, I will try to get the best shots I can :3 OH! He dances for food now... Everytime mom picks up the little pellet dispenser he rushes to the top waiting (impatiently) for her to drop in some food. When she's soaking it he will STARE at the cup until those pellets find their way into his tank!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #29 
betta fish crazy
Member
 
betta fish crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Dionysus? As, in the Greek god of wine and parties?
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #30 
purplemuffin
Member
 
purplemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Texas
LOL! Yes... Named so for many reasons:
His color reminds me of wine
Dionysus was said to often be mistaken for a woman(Plakat, often mislabled)
Dionysus was known for having a dual personality--playful and bringing joy..But also blind wrath. Meant to represent what wine can do but eh, it made me think of bettas XD

:] I just sort of liked the name, I think it suits him...
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My surprise mysquishy Betta Pictures 9 09-06-2010 01:09 AM
Surprise, surprise CodeRed Betta Fish Care 7 10-16-2009 03:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.