Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2010, 11:50 PM   #1 
Flare

Where to find quality bettas in the OC?

Hi there, I recently got into taking care of bettas and right now I have 2 veil tails that i love. A turquoise one named Edward (because he glimmers in the sunshine lol) and a mostly white bodied with some black coloration that I named Mr. Panda.

Anyways, So I live in the OC, Anaheim specifically and I spent most of my day today going to local pet stores, Petco, Petsmart and a local fish store I found on google. I know that recently Petco started carrying a wider variety of Bettas but I didn't have much luck today and the more exotic kind really were unhealthy or had disappointing colors. Though at the local fish store I went to I saw some surprisingly pleasant looking ones, namely a couple white bodied red finned delta/super delta dragons (they were labeled as halfmoon :<). I would've bought them on the spot but what i really want is a dragon halfmoon or something equally exotic and pretty :).

So, my question is, besides bidding on Aquabid and buying my bettas online, is there any other source I can go to directly that I can preferably drive to? I'd like to find breeders in my area but google has failed me in that department. Any suggestions and tips will really help :)
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #2 
Bettame

Hi There! I would like to know too where good quality bettas can be found locally. I'm also in the OC area. Well, I did get a Halfmoon Plaket at a Petco and he seemed to be a white colored dragon (aka Rob Zombie). I'm not sure if he's the same Petco place that you went to but I got him at the Petco on Katella in Orange, CA. Its right off the 55 FWY. They usually have a better selection of aqua plants the last time I went there. But if you don't find what you want at that Petco on Katella, then your trip may not be wasted. There's this new place right down the block of the Petco called "Five Guys" that just opened up in that area. It's an East Coast chain. I don't mean to advertised for them, but if you really want to eat at one of the best burger places, try at that restaurant. I know I may get a lot of heat from people on my opinion, but (whisper: I think it might be better than INNOUt) Best of luck trying to find your wish betta!
Bettame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #3 
Flare

How was the betta selection at the Katella Petco? I went to the Euclid one which is very near me but the most interesting i found were 2 double tails but their colors weren't very pretty. Thanks for pointing out that burger place lol. Sounds like a good place to go if i strike out at petco :)
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #4 
Bettame

From the selection there, they have the newer types of bettas. I have seen double tails, halfmoons, halfmoon plakats, halfmoon double tail plakats, giant bettas (almost like $30) and of course the regular veiltails and crowntails from the Petco on Katella. I see mostly males and not so much females. So best of luck to you. Bye!!!
Bettame is offline   Reply With Quote