Yes, use the needles eye, or better yet, if you have a medical syringe, the pump, not the needle, you could try suck the pellet out, not sure how it would effect the betta, but i guess thats an alternative.
try and find a VERY large needle. like a plastic one for making carpets, and try using the eye side, if you're gonna do it. that way you have the best chance of not stabbing her. a metal needle will be extremely dangerous, and would have a higher chance of hurting her. you could also try tweezers. good luck!
i dont think she's going to make it... im afraid i waited too long and it sunk deeper down her throat... though it might be expanded now. I cant see it as well as i could last time, so i couldnt get to it.
i have school tomorrow, however in all honesty im really not going to be surprised if she doesn't make it. not saying i don't have faith, im just trying not to get my hopes up. im just really upset that i cant do anything to help her...
ok, so... she's alive, but her pigment looks like it drained a bit... the pellet is still in her throat and the lump has gotten a tad larger, probably due to the fact that it expanded. if she does somehow make it through this, im afraid her buoyancy will be permanently thrown off.
to those who do have this happen to them, do not wait like i have done, if you do choose to wait, then wait until the betta has calmed down enough, especially if yours is skiddish like mine. i found that it seemed to be a two man job, as you need a hand to restraint your betta, and another to open the mouth (i used a flat end of a plastic toothpick). you will also need another hand to use some sort of instrument to take out the said object that is lodged in the throat. i put mine in a shallow soup dish filled with warm filtered water. i would recommend either using small but dull tipped tweezers, or the needle idea like everyone says. i contemplated the surgical syringe idea, but then considered the chances of accidentally sucking out her organs with the pellet, as the suction is still rather large for such a small instrument. but by all means, DO NOT WAIT AS LONG AS I DID. this problem occurred at 3 pm, i came to here around 6 or 7 pm and didn't take action until 8:30 or 9 pm. DO NOT WAIT. it quite literally is a do or die situation.
i thank all those that have offered help, i only wish that i have acted sooner. i will keep you guys posted as to weather or not she lives or dies, thanks again =|