Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #21 
celine18

oh, well i'm glad shes still alive, that's a good sign. thanks for the advice too, its good to know for future notice.

i really hope she ends up ok!!! let us know as soon as anything changes!!! (hopefully it'll be for the better) :)
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #22 
JaspersANGEL

oh poor girl! i hope she pull's through!!
keep us posted!

and thankx for the advice
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #23 
Alex09

Not to sound pessimistic but perhaps you should consider euthanasia, and just end her suffering if this goes on any longer... I've successfully tried the ice water method on other fish (not bettas) and they died on contact without so much as a twitch.

So sorry :(
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #24 
TaylorW

Poor girl..... at this point it's probably best to decide if it's best to try to keep her going or end the suffering..... I still wish you the best and I hope she gets better, but if it seems like she's not going to make it or is suffering way too much, here's a link explaining different ways to euthanize your fish.....
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...sia-73775.html
I am so sorry, and I still wish you and your fish the best!!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #25 
SparklehPanda

hmm... i just checked on her again... looks as if it was soft enough for her to push it down, the lump is gone, and she isn't hanging around at the top anymore, also she seems less tipsy, she's thrown off a tad, but she's doing well. i also cant see the pellet anymore. however i think she's going to have a bit of a hard time disposing of that monster. looks like she'll make it, ill give her another 24 hours. luckily i have no school tomorrow, so i can keep an eye on her. lesson learned here... don't feed a small fish big pellets... anyway, ill keep you guys posted... once she looks better this case can then be proclaimed closed.
SparklehPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #26 
TaylorW

Oh, I'm so glad!! She might have a chance to pull through now!! :D :D :D
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #27 
MissMoneyPenny

Oh my, that had to be so scary for you and her! I am so happy to hear that she is making somewhat of an improvement. Looking forward to some, hopefully, good news! *crosses fingers, toes, anything else I can without falling out of the chair*
MissMoneyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #28 
acloudconnected

Crossing everything for you!!
acloudconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #29 
ANHEL123

How is ur betta? i hope it will survive.

One time it happened to my betta.I feed main bettas with freeze dried blood worms. So i guess it was too long and he chocked on it. But he spit it out.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #30 
SparklehPanda

she's doing fine now and swimming happily in her tank. she's more skiddish towards fingers than ever though, which i dont blame her for. in a few hours ill feed her a small portion of a pea to help her digest that monstrosity. i mainly feed her blood worms anyway due to the fact that she would become bloated when being feed the microsized pellets even when i soaked them. anyway, thank you for those who have gave advice, and to those who have wished her well, your wishing worked! =D lol. this case can now be proclaimed closed.
SparklehPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, choking, pellet, swallow, won't