Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #21 
shilver shark

king beta

i got one last sunday at petco for $!3

he got black body, red+blue fin with black spot, have scary eyes like tiger fish. He might look scary but actually he pretty nice or maybe even a little shy.

most betta fish will kill the other with same gender, by idk why all my betta got along fine
shilver shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #22 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilver shark View Post
i got one last sunday at petco for $!3

he got black body, red+blue fin with black spot, have scary eyes like tiger fish. He might look scary but actually he pretty nice or maybe even a little shy.

most betta fish will kill the other with same gender, by idk why all my betta got along fine
Do you mean that you keep males together?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #23 
shilver shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Do you mean that you keep males together?

yeah, but of course i had to check before i put them in together. I know it's stupid to put fighting fish together, but honestly i never see mine being aggressive toward other fighting fish or any other kind so i let them stay together

there's only one reason i will put a fish separate is when it sick so the other won't catch the disease. After my fish heal they will go back in with other
Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #24 
bettafish15

Quote:
yeah, but of course i had to check before i put them in together. I know it's stupid to put fighting fish together, but honestly i never see mine being aggressive toward other fighting fish or any other kind so i let them stay together

there's only one reason i will put a fish separate is when it sick so the other won't catch the disease. After my fish heal they will go back in with other
Even if they dont fight, they are very very stressed, which would be why they get sick. Putting a male betta with other fish is fine, but not with another betta. If you so desire to keep bettas together, get 5-6 female bettas and have them in a 10 gallon or larger. But PLEASE, separate your poor males, even in the largest of tanks they cant be together. It doesnt matter that "yours dont fight" they are very stressed and are more susceptable to diseases and sickness. They lifespan will be dramatically decreased. Any what are you keeping males together in, anyway? What size tank?
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #25 
shilver shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
Even if they dont fight, they are very very stressed, which would be why they get sick. Putting a male betta with other fish is fine, but not with another betta. If you so desire to keep bettas together, get 5-6 female bettas and have them in a 10 gallon or larger. But PLEASE, separate your poor males, even in the largest of tanks they cant be together. It doesnt matter that "yours dont fight" they are very stressed and are more susceptable to diseases and sickness. They lifespan will be dramatically decreased. Any what are you keeping males together in, anyway? What size tank?

really?

i have 55 gallon tank, most of the time they eat and swim together, then at night they go into seperate place to sleep

so is it ok or i still have to serperate them?

it's weird because day time they always swim, eat together.

i have 2 koi ( 1 white, 1 oranger) , 3 shilver shark, 2 fancy gold fish, 1 normal gold fish, 2 balloon belly, 1 orange guppy, 3 betta ( 1 red pregnant female, 1 blue crowtail, 1 king betta)

ALL my fish are being very friendly to other types, None show any stress sign or being agressive to other

can anyone tell me how to keep the water clean and right for my fishes?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #26 
turtle10

Quote:
really?

i have 55 gallon tank, most of the time they eat and swim together, then at night they go into seperate place to sleep

so is it ok or i still have to serperate them?

it's weird because day time they always swim, eat together.

i have 2 koi ( 1 white, 1 oranger) , 3 shilver shark, 2 fancy gold fish, 1 normal gold fish, 2 balloon belly, 1 orange guppy, 3 betta ( 1 red pregnant female, 1 blue crowtail, 1 king betta)

ALL my fish are being very friendly to other types, None show any stress sign or being agressive to other

can anyone tell me how to keep the water clean and right for my fishes?

Koi fish get huge and require over a hundred gallons, preferably a pond. Also sharks are not recommended to be kept with bettas.

And you said you have one pregnant betta… bettas do not get pregnant.

There may be no aggression showing yet but why risk it? There is always a chance that they will start to fight as they age.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #27 
shilver shark

Quote:
Koi fish get huge and require over a hundred gallons, preferably a pond. Also sharks are not recommended to be kept with bettas.

And you said you have one pregnant betta… bettas do not get pregnant.

There may be no aggression showing yet but why risk it? There is always a chance that they will start to fight as they age.
yeah yeah, i'm planning on put the 2 better seperrate until the female give birth then i'll only keep the male and the eggs in 1 tank

my koi fish i think they will take a long time to reach adulthood 'cause now they still tiny baby. My koi are so cute, they just like a puppy when they see people, they will swim up to you and wait for you to feed them

anyway, is king betta behavior same as other betta?
this is my first king betta, i got him couple days ago, he seem to be very shy.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #28 
turtle10

Quote:
yeah yeah, i'm planning on put the 2 better seperrate until the female give birth then i'll only keep the male and the eggs in 1 tank

my koi fish i think they will take a long time to reach adulthood 'cause now they still tiny baby. My koi are so cute, they just like a puppy when they see people, they will swim up to you and wait for you to feed them

anyway, is king betta behavior same as other betta?
this is my first king betta, i got him couple days ago, he seem to be very shy.
Again, bettas do not give birth lol.

Also keeping your koi in something that small will stunt its growth.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #29 
shilver shark

Angry

Quote:
Again, bettas do not give birth lol.

Also keeping your koi in something that small will stunt its growth.

:)) yeah they do, you think they grow from tree?

NO WAY lol

my koi are ok for now, they still babies

i forgot to ask, do you know how to cure black spot for fancy gold fish?
i have 1 gold fish ( not a baby but also not adult yet, kind of like a teenager) with a lot of black spot, he still healthy but i read online that there's one kind of black spot make the fish hard to breath then eventually will die.

i dont want any of my fish to suffer :(, please give me some tips on this
Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #30 
shilver shark

wait, i meant bettas lay eggs

whoops, misunderstand you for a sec there