Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #1 
BettaMan

Betta Water Conditioner

Hey guys, I was just looking around and I found this: http://www.petco.com/product/102425/...t=OnSiteSearch

I'm not sure if its any better to use this instead of any other water conditioner. I just wanted your opinion on this.

BM
BettaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #2 
eclover09

Really anything that says for "bettas" except maybe for food is just trying to get your money. Instead of buying such a small thing, I'd go with buying a big bottle of API water conditioner or Tetra water conditioner for like ten bucks and it does the same thing as that little thing, possibly even better.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

IMO-better products on the market that are better priced and do more for what you get...like Seachem Prime.......you want a dechlorinator that covers: chlorine, chloramine, heavy metal........
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

The only conditioner I use is Seachem Prime. It is the only thing I will ever use, IMO the best on the market. A very small amount goes along way (roughly 2 drops per gallon). Even with 10+ tanks ranging from 1-10 gallons a 250ml bottle still lasts me months.

I would stay away from anything marketed solely for bettas. Generally you are paying more for a watered down version of a better product. I also wouldn't buy anything where they misspell the name of the species the product is geared towards LOL..

Quote:
  • 2.5 mL Betta Ultimate offers an easy-to-use dispenser and treats 16 ounces of water with just one drop
  • The product cannot be overdosed and residual product in the water will remove ammonia put there by your beta
  • Give your beta the best environment possible using Betta Ultimate's patented technology and ordinary tap water!
I thought that was funny
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #5 
BettaMan

Okay thanks guys. :)

One more thing, could I use Seachem Stability to cycle my tank with my fish in it? If so, how would I do that?

Last edited by BettaMan; 10-31-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

I've heard good things about stability but I haven't used it personally. I would assume you would add a certain amount daily and test the water, doing water changes as you would if you were doing a fish in cycle without the stability.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #7 
BettaMan

Okay thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #8 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMan View Post
Okay thanks guys. :)

One more thing, could I use Seachem Stability to cycle my tank with my fish in it? If so, how would I do that?
There are a couple of reviews on the site & they are very positive - if that helps any. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

I use Stress Coat, sometimes I add a little of another conditioner just to use it up since its from those sample packs that come in tanks kits.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #10 
bettacharlie

I like Seachem's Prime. Its a lot more concentrated than other water conditioners, so you get more for your money. The 8.5 oz bottle I have treats 2500 gallons, compared to just the 500 gallons of tap water an 8.5 oz bottle of Tetra's AquaSafe treats.

I don't see the Hikari conditioner doing anything more than any other water conditioner. The little fish dropper/bottle is kind of cute, though.

I agree with other posts, too -- you do not need to buy water conditioner specifically made for bettas.
bettacharlie is offline   Reply With Quote