Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #31 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityKitty View Post
That looks like a fantastic tutorial, I just wish I had the money to do that. Being a college student tends to make you poor. I guess I'll have to go with the less efficient, more messy yeast CO2 for now =(
ugh, I tried that (and upping my light) and it was a nightmare. I had a BIG algae explosion. It was probably because of the fluctuations in co2. Or maybe it was a fert issue. Planted tanks are so confusing. I was over there at theplanted tank and when I was doing research on how to get rid of the algae there was so much conflicting info and confusing terminology. Still, an AWESOME place to learn about the care of a planted aquarium!

Last edited by Alex09; 11-02-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #32 
GravityKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
ugh, I tried that (and upping my light) and it was a nightmare. I had a BIG algae explosion. It was probably because of the fluctuations in co2. Or maybe it was a fert issue. Planted tanks are so confusing. I was over there at theplanted tank and when I was doing research on how to get rid of the algae there was so much conflicting info and confusing terminology. Still, an AWESOME place to learn about the care of a planted aquarium!
You tried the yeast way? Well, what I'm doing right now is just seeing how my plants will do with no CO2 and then adding it if my plants are looking a bit sorry. I'm sorry that happened to your aquarium, though

I just have a bunch of easy to take care of plants right now because I'm relatively new to keeping an aquarium in general. I decided to get a planted one due to a suggestion from a friend.
GravityKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #33 
Hadouken441

I can help anyone out with what they need haha. Well as much as i know at least.

I hate hate HATE the yeast way. I used to do it and it was.... gross. Smelled like bad beer, messy, fluctuated co2 like crazy and you cant turn it off at night. waste.

The paintball method last a long time. a 20oz tank will last 3 months.

I suggest that if anyone wants to get some great, cheap, rare, easy, hard, any kind of plant, go check out plantedtank.net like I said some people GIVE AWAY free plants. all you pay is shipping.

Im already giving away 1 small package to a guy here haha
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #34 
scootshoot

Anyone familiar with this product?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...#RatingsDetail

35 bucks bout equal to all the Paint ball gadgets needed to setup a CO2 system...
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #35 
Hadouken441

dont. cheap. bad. doesnt work. You can make a paintball co2 for.... $35. Thats half of what I paid for my co2 regulator
Old 11-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #36 
GravityKitty

Ooo, I'm glad to hear a real person talking about the Hagen thing. I was thinking about getting it. I guess I'll be making myself a paintball CO2 system when I can. I think I'll be making myself an account on Planted Tank as well.
GravityKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #37 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadouken441 View Post
Its not as cheap as that, but its much much much more affective and cleaner. THis is my buddy on Plantedtank.net Its his idea.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...diy-setup.html
Have my shopping list ready. Putting it together is not the problem, finding all the components will be. No paint ball shops near my area. Will probably have to order several of the pieces online.

thanks for the tip!
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #38 
Hadouken441

my other expensive hobby is paintballing haha. Check out PBnation.com is there sale trade forums, look up Misc. Paintball Equipment, search for ASA. You can find a cheap one for $10 shipped
Old 11-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #39 
bettablue

wow they r so pretty how do u do this? poor little guy he looks so scrawny im sure he's way better now :)
bettablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #40 
Hadouken441

First person to PM me there address gets a package of floaters mailed to them