Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #21 
Lenalee Nilla
Banned

Do the spots look 3D or flush to the body? If theyre flush to the body they could just be discolored scales, like what my oldest has, but if theyre protruding from the body then it could be ick, fungus, or possibly an external parasite. From the pics it just looks like discolored scales, but if theyre 3D then its a problem.
Lenalee Nilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #22 
mm94305

Let me try to get a picture of the cory then. I still have the cory that has passed away.
mm94305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #23 
Lenalee Nilla
Banned

k.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #24 
mm94305

Ok....Levi is officially weird. I put on a playlist and he comes over to the edge of the tank and is looking like he is headbanging even though it doesn't even fit with the song and it so weird he was on beat at the right tempo.

http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/m...DSCF0510-1.jpg
http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/m...DSCF0512-1.jpg
http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=DSCF0513.jpg
http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=DSCF0514.jpg
http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=DSCF0515.jpg

The cat fur is just in the tank it had nothing to do with the fish. I hadn't used the 1g since i moved ralph out of it into a different bowl i got from my work. The other pink things around him were things inside the tank that floated up when i was moving things around looking for the other cory. Its kinda hard to get any good pictures in the 1g tank.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #25 
Lenalee Nilla
Banned

Segregate the cory and betta immediately, add salt to the bettas tank if you havent already, teh same goes with stress coat. It looks like your corys died from fungus and/or body rot/ulcers. Get some melafix just in case, but dont use it unless your betta starts losing scales and start growing red spots where the scales fell off, and dilute the melafix by 4, so cut the melafix measurements by four before you add it to the tank, if your betta starts growing ulcers. For fungus, keep using salt after water changes and add some fungus eliminator to the cory and betta tanks. This is just my opinion though.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #26 
mm94305

Um can the snails go back into the 10g tank it has the all in one treatment going mom started it again without consulting me (totally needs a lock on the door) If not then i can always go rinse out the 1g tank and use that for levi he won't be happy. He loves his 10g tank.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #27 
Lenalee Nilla
Banned

I would say the snail can, but watch them closely so they if they die you can remove them fast.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #28 
mm94305

I don't mind keeping them in the kritter keeper. Levi can go back in his 1g tank so use the salt and the all in one treatment for levi as well or just salt?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #29 
Lenalee Nilla
Banned

What the all in one? If its an anti fungal thing then sure, but cut it down to the correct dosage, the same with the salt.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #30 
mm94305

Setting up the new tank and disolving the little pill in the water he sooo isn't going to be happy with this. He will only have little little betta log in the tank i have nothing else to put in there. I don't have any coffee mugs that size i will raid the coffee mugs at work there is a billion of them i am sure my manager will let me get one. The little cory is just looking at me like mum the others aren't here. I know i need to get it some more in order for it to feel safe again but i think i should get whatever this mess is under control. I am still new at this and i have personal reasons to really really care for these fish instead of the people at work being like its just a fish. And hopefully i can get it controlled by this weekend because I have to go out of town for the weekend leaving my fish and my friend's fish with my mom to take of....probably going to have to fast them for like 3 days in order to get them not to be so fat. Levi is already getting fat from her. He doesn't ever turn down food except for pellets and frozen blood worms.

Tags
white patches furry