Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #1 
metalbetta

Red face Cameron's Prank

This fish drives me in-freaking-sane.

But I love the little turd.

Anyway this morning I was doing my rounds, checking up on the fish, feeding them and all that... when I got to Cameron's tank... He has this thing for hiding in weird places. He has a skull decoration in the corner of his tank and when I went to check on him, he was draped over it... not moving. Hiding his face behind the skull. I felt my heart drop and freaked out!! He honestly looked dead.
So I tapped the glass next to him... hoping to provoke some reaction...

And then...

He twitched.

*sigh of relief*

He wiggled back out, swam upside down for a second (He's good at that), came up to me and proceeded to flare.
Evil little fish knows it's the time of year to start pranking mom. He can't go out and get treats so he has to trick me.

Figured you guys would get a kick out of this story.
Anyone else putting up with a clever fish?
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #2 
metalbetta

Also, for those of you that don't know Cameron, here's a pic:

Cameron the Fish. Tail Biter. Avid Flare-er. Professional Prankster:

Last edited by metalbetta; 10-30-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #3 
weluvbettas

Yes my little bubba does the same stuff once when I was checking on the fish He had slipped under the smallest hole and i was like " He's stuck!" then he just casually swims out and is like "whats all the fuss about??"
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:01 AM   #4 
Neelie

i have one guy thats just impossible to scoop with a cup. he knows darn well what the fuss is all about...

i hang the cup kind of into the tank and drop a pellet infront of the cup and one inside the cup, for scooping him when he's in. that works with all my other boys, but him.

he swims up to the cup, take the first pellet, swims in and grabs the one inside. the second he has it he turns and shoots back out the cup!!!! i cant react at all he's so fast! i always have to net him and then the cup is his only option out of the net... he then swims into the cup like he just got the death sentence, honestly!
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #5 
doggyhog

I have one guy who sleeps flat out on the floor of the tank. I think he's dead every time!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #6 
nochoramet

I always think Haze is dead because he sleeps flat and when he sleeps he gets really pale and stripey... it's scary!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:51 PM   #7 
metalbetta

I have a couple of weird sleepers too...
I'm convinced Nina and Rikku are related because they do the same thing... I also got them at the same store at the same time. and they look similar.

Anyway, When they sleep they both float at the top, their bellies turn white, and their eyes turn GOLD. It's crazy. I wonder why that happens? They're my only two fish that can do that!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #8 
peaches3221

thats bizzare! gold eyes?
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #9 
metalbetta

Yup, I'll have to get a picture sometime. It's freaky.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #10 
eclover09

My newest one, Memorialday...I've had him in a tub the past few days till I get my twenty gallon set up, and I have this little paper plate/bowl floating at the top for him. Well for the first day or two I made sure to check him and my other new one periodically to make sure there were no signs of stress or ill, and they both like to hide under there plate/bowls. So I'd check the first one, hed be hiding under the plate/bowl, then id go to the next and move the paper bowl/plate...and he wouldnt be there. Id scan over the tub, not see him, move the paper bowl/plate again and STILL not there. So of course, I panic and check the floor thinking he jumped out even those there's like three inches from the water out of the tub...but no where seen. So I lift up the bowl/plate, and there he is!

Little bugger perfectly moves with the bowl/plate every time it moves, unlike Thanksgiving who just sits there and doesn't even notice if I move it over. Memorialday scared the crap out of me those first few times lol.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote