Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #1 
Alexanderismylife

WOOHOO Way to go petco :)

Well I haven't been to petco in FOREVER and I guess it changed ALOT.... Well I went there yesterday (To buy a pet keeper for a future betta.) and to my surprise their betta section was so differnet. Now they have almost selve like things all around the betta section that they keep 6 bettas on and a bunch. And something that's even BETTER is I read their care sheets and they ACTUALLY said they NEED a heater. Sadly they still say they only need 1 gallon...with weekly water changes..:( but all their bettas were ACTUALLY healthy too! and usually at my petco they are all sick except for the "fancier" bettas. So kinda happy :)
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I like the new display as well. Although, the betta slooked really good last week, and this week they look HORRIBLE. Only the VT's of course, it's like they dont care about those ones at my petco.
but I think the fish are probably not AS stressed since they cant see eachother now.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #3 
Alexanderismylife

Yeah,they take less care of their VTs here too...:( They had a really gorgous one when I went on Sunday though! I was really considering getting him but I have no set up ready so it was a definate no. lol but now I'm starting to set up a new tank. :] So does everyones petco look like this now?
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #4 
GravityKitty

I actually got my betta from Petco. He's quite a beauty and he was actually the exact type of betta I wanted. Totally didn't expect to get a MG crowntail at a Petco. Although there were a lot of different types, there were still about two dead ones hidden in the display =( . It still definitely looks much better than my local Petsmart or Walmart.
GravityKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #5 
Alex09

My Petco still has them on shelves. its a PITA to try to look at the ones in the back.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #6 
rejohnson53

My petco has the shelves now too. It seemed like they went up overnight or something.

I also noticed that their selection has exploded. Where once there were only veiltails and the occasional crown, there are now doubles, super deltas, PLAKATS! and a wider selection of females.

Conditions are still bad, the occasional dead/dying fish, dirty water, but there are gems to be found now. Maybe one day they'll really get their act together... one can only hope.
rejohnson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #7 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
My Petco still has them on shelves. its a PITA to try to look at the ones in the back.
My petsmart is like that.. I only looked at bettas there a few times. the one time I lifted the ones in the back to see what they looked like, they basically had no fins left.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #8 
MizzVamp115

The petco near me has the new shelves too. I haven't looked in a while but the last time I was there you could tell they were about to start carrying more than just VT and CT because their price sheet had listings for about 10 different kinds.
MizzVamp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #9 
betta fish crazy

I wish my LPS was like that...
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #10 
Comatose

At the Petsmart near me the betta section is really nice. They look really healthy (well as healthy as they can be for being in those tiny cups).
Comatose is offline   Reply With Quote