Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #1 
AmyLou21

Question The best type/brand of filter?

Hey there people!

I've had my betta Hikaru for about 2 weeks now - had some probs to start off with to do with the temp - he got better - now he is acting out of sorts again (see post in the 'diseases' forum). But I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on a suitable filter for my tank.

I have a 13 litre (approx. 3.5 US gallon) plastic tank which at the mo has an undergravel filter (UGF) powered by an air pump with airstone. But I've read that these aren't particularly good with respects to biological filtration, and that the gravel needs regular siphoning because the plastic grates at the bottom can get clogged with debris!

I was maybe thinking of getting a sponge filter - any thoughts on this and recommendations as to which one specifically for my tank would be much appreciated! Thanks very much!

Amy

P.S. If anybody has knowledge of products available in UK as opposed to US that would be fab as it can become expensive to order from US not to mention the time lag! Thanks again x
AmyLou21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #2 
Mars

I have an AquaClear. I am sure you can get it in the UK. Everyone had recommended them to me.
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote