Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #11 
Perdue

i havent seen him take a dump yet or seen it floating around... again, thank you for the quick, nice responses.. this is one of the best forums with the nicest people ive ever been on :)
Perdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #12 
Jupiter

Wlecome to the forum! If you suspect he does have parasites and you do see him passing something, white and stringy poop is what you should be looking out for.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #13 
TaylorW

Welcome to the forum!! :) :)

I see that Adastra and Oldfishlady have pointed you in the right direction! Take their advice, they really know what they're doing! ;)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #14 
Chicklet

Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #15 
Perdue

gonna go after work and pick up some water conditioner or dechlorinater, whatever you call it.. see how that treats little 'bleezy'.. im sure all the stuff in my city water isnt making him very happy..
Old 11-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #16 
Perdue

a little update: got home yesterday and bleezy's tummy looked alot smaller.. i got some dechlorinater and did a 100% water change and this morning he ate 3 pellets! and heres some pics of the little guy.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #17 
Perdue

this is his home for now.. im really gonna look into a 2.5 or 5 gallon tank for him..
Old 11-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #18 
Alex09

Like other people said, you can buy a 2-4 gallon kritter keeper (link) at most chain petstores for about $10 or so. They can accommodate a small 25 watt heater as well. Some people have had success using the cheap preset tetra heaters that are only $15 or so in these containers. Although it is agreed that adjustable heaters are better. Also make sure to check out your craigslist! Many people give away used tanks (sometimes with all accessories included) at really good prices! I just saw and ad on my craigslist where someone is selling their 10 gal with decorations, heater, plants, filter, gravel, and light hood all for $50! I was sorely tempted to get it.

Last edited by Alex09; 11-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #19 
TaylorW

Aww, I love your little plant you have for him! I've never seen a cute one like that :)

2.5 gallons are really cheap! Even at my very over priced pet store a glass 2.5 gallon was $11 dollars :) I think Petco sells them for A LOT cheaper than that! I heard they had dollar-per-gallon sale, but don't take my word on that! ;)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #20 
bettafish15

If you took out some of those rocks and just leave enough to cover the bottom, he'll have more room for now until you can get a bigger tank ^^
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote