Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #1 
Calmwaters

Fin Rot in a betta...

thats not mine. Some of you know me from being on here before when I had about 30 bettas. LOL I rehomed all of them except 5 before I went to work for a short while as a truck driver and those that know me know I take excellent care of my bettas and all my other fish. Well today I went for a job orientation at a new part time job to go with my full time job and the lady had a very pretty multicolor veil tail in a very large vase on her desk. It looked to be at least a gallon maybe a gallon and a half. Well me being me I mentioned to her that the betta has fin rot and she said oh I noticed he was looking kind of weird but did not know what it was then she asked me what she could do to make him better. Since this is a new job I had to be careful and told her I would bring in some meds for him on Friday when I am there again and also offered to bring in a few low light plants so he would have a happier home all he has in the tank right now are the rocks and she said that would be very nice. Now what I need to know is what would be the best way for me to treat him. I have not had to deal with fin rot since I forbid myself to even look at the bettas at walmart because I always ended up comeing home with a sick one. I have Primafix, Melafix, Fugas Clear Tabs, and of course aquarium salt. He does not have a heater or filter or even a light other than what he gets from the office light. I plan on trying to get her to see that he could be so much happier with at least a small heater and little bigger tank. I am even going to tell her I have an extra 2.5 gallon tank she can have if she wants it. I just have to be careful because she is my new boss. I would bring him home in a heart beat if she offered him to me because I am still a betta addict I am just trying to control it but a free one that needs me I would just not be able to pass up. LOL
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I would see if she wouldn't let you take it home and bring it back in 10 days complete with the 2.5g all planted and heated and free of fin rot.....lol...

I would do a leave in treatment with aquarium salt 1tsp/gal along with 100% daily water changes for 10 days....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #3 
Calmwaters

LOL I am afraid if I bring him home I may not want to take him back. LOL I have the perfect empty tank for him right now. Here is a picture of it:
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote