Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #1 
ansalong

Zoo Med Betta Bed

Has anyone used the Zoo Med betta bed leaf hammock? I think my fish might like it but I'm wondering if other fish do.

ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #2 
Capricorn

I've heard people use it that have issues with a part of it that can rust over time.. though a lot of people seem to like it as well. I actually found an easy tutorial over on deviantART that tells you how to make one of your own. (:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #3 
ansalong

How cool! Thanks for that tip. I also read about people having trouble with it rusting or falling apart. Looks like a trip to Michaels might be a better idea.

My fishy likes to rest on top of his plant stems but they are not very comfortable, so I think this might be a better solution.
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #4 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I had planned on making/buying on for my betta, but I have a silk plant with pretty big leaves now that almost reaches the top, and he hides bewtween a couple leaves and rests near the top. so this just seems like a waste for me now.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #5 
dragonfair

Hmm... this gives me an idea. I have a pacer, so maybe if I get (or make) something like this and put it on the front of the tank he'll stop pacing and actually sit still on it. Yeah, right... Ooh I know - if I put one of his tall plants against the front of the tank... hmm...
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #6 
wystearya

I got one of those Betta Beds. Topaz will sometimes use it. :)

I did end up using some hot glue to firmly attatch the leaf to the suction cup, as it kept popping out. I also used tiny drops of hot glue to seal the metal wire better. I hope it will prevent rusting since the water shouldn't be able to touch it.

I don't see why there is a wire anyway, as the plastic "rib" should have been enough support.
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #7 
nomoretickets

It's cheeply assembled. Mine wouldn't stay in the suction cup andthe wire started to rust. I just pulled the leaf off and now it floats on top of the water. I think jasmine likes it even better now that it floats but still, it'll fall apart.
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #8 
puppyrjjkm

I use the plant pothos (devil's ivy) in my tanks. It's a real leaf hammock! My boys love the leaves, it's their favorite napping place!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #9 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
I've heard people use it that have issues with a part of it that can rust over time.. though a lot of people seem to like it as well. I actually found an easy tutorial over on deviantART that tells you how to make one of your own. (:
WOW! I love that tutorial.. That would be fun to make, could be easy to customize too..cool beans
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #10 
Lion Mom

OR - just get live floating plants. My bettas use them the same way and the plants are much better for the tank, IMO/E. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote