Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #11 
acloudconnected

I got two for my guys. They LOVE them, but the one also won't stay attached to the suction cup and keeps floating around the tank. Going to try aquarium siliconing it in... would probably solve the rust worry too.
acloudconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #12 
ansalong

Thanks everyone for your input! I ended up getting him the leaf hammock and sealing it aquarium silicone as suggested above. I just put it in yesterday and Loki seems to like it. I don't know if he used it over night but he sits on it and makes googly eyes at me occasionally.
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #13 
acloudconnected

Nice ansalong, you beat me to it. I am still popping the leaf back in a few times a day. Haven't got the silicon yet. haha Glad to hear it works though!
acloudconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #14 
julesAI

I got a Zoo Med Betta Leaf Hammock and my Betta loves it. In less then a month's time, however, I noticed the wire rusting. I wonder if I was overzealous in positioning/bending the original leaf. Anyhoo... I complained Zoo Med about it. They said that should not happen and sent me a new one (no cost to me).

Not sure I'd recommend buying one. But if you have a problem with an existing one, don't hesitate to contact Zoo Med via their website. They were amazingly responsive.

If my new one goes south, I'll probably follow those wonderful DIY instructions to make him a new hammock. Honestly, he uses it a lot!
julesAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #15 
JaspersANGEL

I've never tried one yet, but I did buy the exercise mirror from them, the mirror works great..my fish love it. But as for the leaf hammock I dunno...

Last edited by JaspersANGEL; 11-13-2010 at 06:53 PM.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #16 
ansalong

@acloudconnected, thanks for the idea! So far it's holding and Loki likes it.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #17 
danifacetastic

I got one of those a while back and my fish ignored it completely.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #18 
ansalong

The first one rusted really badly, and Zoomed sent me a new one (thanks for the tip julesAI). This time I glued it into its suction cup with aquarium silicone again, and also smeared some along the wire on the bottom and let it dry completely. No complaints since, and I've had it for a couple months. My new fish sleeps on it every night.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #19 
DazzleKitty

I have one and have been using it for months. My old betta loved it and used it all the time. The one using it now doesn't seem to care about it. He pretty much ignores it. I will be getting a new betta within the month so hopefully he will use it.

I know a lot of members' bettas here love these. I wish my current betta used it but he ignores it. It's really cute when they sleep on it!

I haven't had any issues with mine rusting, luckily.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #20 
Pekemom

I've got one that Brooke really likes. I positioned it on top of a tall artificial bamboo plant. She's got her choice of several leaves to rest on. Didn't realize the 'debris' under the leaf is actually a wire. I clean it every couple of days. I like the idea of floating the leaf - might try that...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote