Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #1 
Jeff72

Has anyone ordered the eBook at the top of the website?

"Betta Fish Care Made Easy"

Because I ordered it a couple of days ago and I still don't have the eBook. Is this legit or is it a SCAM?

After I purchased it, I received a download link to some stupid Marketing website and forum. I created a support ticket from the vendor I paid my money to and said I never received my download and they still haven't gotten back to me about it yet. I also went to the author's website and sent him an email about this and you guessed it... he hasn't contacted me either.

In the description before purchasing the book, it says you will get immediate access to the eBook.

Did anyone purchase this book and is this legit or should I be asking for a refund?
Jeff72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #2 
Jupiter

Tbqh I'm suspicious about any ad...and you could always just come here for advice for free! :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #3 
Jeff72

I actually thought the book was affiliated with this website for some reason. I am kinda new to the website here.

It seems like there is so much conflicting information about keeping Bettas. I have had them before and I do have a book that I can't seem to find these days.

I thought the eBook would be a good idea because it sounds like the author has a ton of knowledge about keeping Bettas because he has bred them for many years.

The last Betta that I owned l got from Thailand (via Aquabid) and he lived about a year, so I guess I wasn't doing everything exactly correct despite doing A LOT of research online a few years ago and purchasing that other book, that I can't find.

So yeah, I thought the eBook would be a good idea since it was written from the perspective of a long-time breeder.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Well, that's alright...everyone is friendly here and eager to help out, and we've got some experienced breeders like Mr. Vampire.

The ads on the site are unrelated, they're just used to help support the site.

Welcome to the forum btw!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

I don't know anything about the E-book...I am a skeptic when if comes to things like that....but I did want to say-that there are lots of different methods to keep and breed this species of fish as well as fish keeping in general-each person has to find what works for them-once you have an understanding of that species needs and water quality- it is just a matter of observation, logic and common sense....some important things that I have learned over the years...
(I am sure there is more..but off the top of my head)

*Freshwater fish thrive with fresh water
*To be a good keeper of fish you must first be a good keeper of water
*Understand your source water
*Your fish are the best water pram tester-by observation-look, listen, feel, smell
*Understand how the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, KH, GH, DOC's affect the fish/water
*Understand normal behavior of the species
*Know the spawning triggers
*The aquarium is not a sterile environment
*No two tanks are alike
*When in doubt change the water
*Clean water and good nutrition
*stability
*Research more than one source that is not selling anything
*Less is often better than more
*Don't treat/medicate unless you know what you are treating
*When you start a treatment finish it
*Don't over treat
*There is no quick fix or magic pill
*Don't get in a hurry
*Trust your instincts and don't believe everything you hear
*Join a forum
*Join a local aquarium club
*Ask questions
*Read as much science based information you can find related to the subject at hand
*Wash hands before and after tending to aquariums
*Enjoy the hobby...its suppose to be fun........

Over time you gain more experience and confidence-this is an awesome hobby to be a part of and it changes all the time as research and science grows...like a lot of things....fish keeping is not an exact science....and it sure is fun learning all the new and updated theory, science, opinions, experience and chatting with like minded folks......

I use more natural method to treat, breed/spawn and keep aquatic creatures that work for me and other use more traditional methods that work for them and some use a little of both......and we are all successful in our methods........

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 11-04-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

The most reliable information is that which is freely given.

Part of the fishkeeping hobby is hearing all the different ways other people do it and then figuring out what works for you. Reading through the forums you'll get a lot of differing opinions which may work well for one person but not for another. You just have to see what works for others and what you can do with your set up. Generally one opinion is not necessarily better than another but in most cases what works best for the majority is the accepted method.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

I never ordered the book but it is frustrating if it is a scam it looks like it is clearly a part of this website! Wonder why it's here?
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #8 
Jeff72

I don't know.

I have tried to also contact other email addresses for the author and they all keep getting returned to me as undeliverable.

So, it's pretty frustrating. I am giving the vendor until tomorrow to resolve this and if not I am requesting a refund.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #9 
Lion Mom

When I first joined this site I asked if that book was worth purchasing and was told there probably wasn't anything in it that wasn't available right here for free.

After reading about your troubles, I am SO glad I didn't order it!

So sorry you are having problems. Hope they get resolved soon or you get your refund quickly!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #10 
SmokeNLark

The link look legitimate on the top of the page. But once you click it, there are many thinks that tell me that it is a scam. Just to try and help people to spot scams (they can be easy to fall for)-

-The BEST way to spot an online scam is simply by the look of the page. Notice that any website you go to has boxes, images and text all designed? There is some kind of structure and specific colors used. This site only really has text centered on the page. It does not look professional. Obviously whoever made it did not put any time, effort or money into it. Real sites that want to sell something put effort into making attractive pages.

-""secrets" that pet stores don't want you to know" There are no "secrets" of keeping anything.

-"you shouldn't think of getting a betta until you've read this" Whatever this says isn't magic. There is plenty of fish care tips for free.

-".....without spending a lot of money" This is the trademark of a scam. They try to sell you something on the basis of "if you buy my product, i can show you how to do something for less money"

- 1 of the testimonials has pictures of a betta that is clearly in half gallon tanks.

-there is no betta care "formula"

-Scam also use a guarantee, such as "this will work or I will refund you and you get to keep it"

I can keep going, but you get the idea. :) Just beware of this in the future.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote