Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #1 
kanadka

Heater suggestions

I have a 3.5 gallon tank for my Betta and use one of those Hydor mini heaters to heat it. It works pretty good, but the heat fluctuates a lot because the heat in the house does too (I turn it way down while at work and during the night) Are there any good programmable heaters that I can use for a tank that small?
kanadka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #2 
dragonfair

Welcome to the forum! I don't know about programmable heaters, but everyone recommends an adjustable heater because you can set it to the temp you want and it will turn on and off compensate for the temp in the house. They make different wattages for different size tanks. For your tank get a 25 watt size that's good for tanks up to 5 gallons. You will definitely need a thermometer so you can guage the temp and set it right. One of my 3 gal tanks is harder to adjust than the other. I have to set the heater at 86 to get the water temp to 78. You'll have to play with it to find the best setting. Good luck!
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote