Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #11 
The Game

LOL well it worked for you when you did it your way so ill try it that way. thanks cause i tried calling supermarkets near me and they dont have garlic juice. how much do you have to crush the garlic and what did you use to crush it? foor some reason the sick fish is swimming around a bit more now, can probably sense me trying to help her i guess :P
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #12 
acloudconnected

I put the clove on the chopping board, took the flat side of a knife and crushed it with the palm of my hand. But you could probably achieve the same results squishing it between two spoons, or if you had a garlic press... I didn't mash it up or grind it to pulp or anything. I just squashed it.

Oh that sounds like a good sign, right? Maybe if she's out an about the smell of the garlic will entice her.
acloudconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #13 
TaylorW

Haha, don't doubt yourself Cloud, it's still good advice! Garlic certainly won't hurt anything! :)

Unfortunately I don't know anything about internal parasites, so I can't help you Game :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:23 AM   #14 
The Game

ok i gave it a go but she didnt even look at it. so i just went out to my backyard and caught some bloodworms from one of my buckets (bloodworm population going down fast) and fed it to her. she didnt look at it at first then she are a few but i saw her spit one of them out, not sure if she are the rest or spat them out. what should i do now? i cant keep feeding her bloodowrms, im running out fast
Old 11-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #15 
The Game

hey guys, she still doesnt eat and ignores the food, even with garlic juice. she still rests on the substrate most of time and looks half dead. when i look at her from a birds eye view, her scales seem to pop out a bit, not too obvious but gives her a spiky look. it doesnt look like dropsy as she isnt bloated or anything. think its still an internal parasite or something. what should i do?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #16 
Colibri

Poor little girl. I'm sure the spiky look isn't a good sign. How is she breathing? Does she come up for air from time to time?
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #17 
The Game

oh nvm, she finally died, out of her misery now... but can anyone tell me what she would have died from? i can see through her skin a bit and the organs nearest to her head is black and her mouth is wide open. kinda worrying. the ramshorn snail is still crawling around fine with no ill efects, just thought ill mention that.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #18 
Duncan13

sorry for your loss :(. I've never encountered this type of problem, so I'm not sure what could have killed it. I'm guessing she started developing dropsy, and then she died. But that's just a guess.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #19 
The Game

yea i thought it was dropsy, but the raised scales is from the bloating and there wasnt any bloating, so kinda puzzled here
Old 11-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #20 
Duncan13

yeah, lots of puzzling things happen. Once I had a betta just disappear with no trace. There was not body or anything, and the lid was on the tank!
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote