Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #31 
Newtonbetta

will an airstone be too much current for the betta? Also, the collection of bubbles i'm dealing with now in the tank - they'll go away eventually?

Last edited by Newtonbetta; 11-17-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Newtonbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #32 
TaylorW

Wow, I am so impressed with your new tank!! :D It looks wonderful!!! :) :) :) Your fish will love you FOREVER for such a huge tank!! :) :) :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #33 
Colibri

Oh no! Well, it depends entirely on the air-pump you get and the air-stone. I have a small air-pump and my air-stone is really small (http://www.tiendanimal.es/images_g//...rico_ELITE.jpg) so it doesn't affect my little girl. What you can do is divide the air-current to another thing. My air-current is divided in the filter and the air-stone. ! My bettas are in a 5 gallon divided tank. Yours live in 10 so the current wouldn't be very strong. You can play with air-stones to see which fits best for you and your bettas, but I believe the water movement will help with the filtration and the dust on the surface.
Now, as for the bubbles. It's normal for a filter to produce bubbles. Mine does but they "plop" soon. I think that the dust particles that are still in the water of your tank make the bubbles stay for a longer time.

Edit: A small pump like this one that's for up to 5 gallon shouldn't make your fish feel stressed. http://vivapet.es/tiendaonline/image...sor%20a799.jpg

Last edited by Colibri; 11-17-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote