Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #1 
eclover09

Twenty Gallon Up!!!! *PICSPAM*

So the other day I finally got my live plants and set my tank all up (and phew it was a lot more work then I expected! The divider and baffling the filter gave me the freaking hardest time!) and then put my fishes in and OMG its so awesome :D They've been in there a day and I can tell they <3 it, Valentine and Laborday are non stop swimming :D They noticed each other right away but ignored one another, but after a while and realizing it was "there" home they now occasionally flare at each other, but it's only when they notice one other and they'll flare for like a few seconds then move on like "im bored with you now..." lol. I'm relieved, because I thought Valentine was going to try and be a bully and fence fight -.- It's funny though to see the big tank, then look at the two gallons I have and see that DANG they are really small, so I so want more!! But anyway, here are some pics of the tank and Valentine and Laborday in them!

Valentines Side:

Labordays Side:

Chilling in the Wysteria

Valentine Being a Pirate

Striking a Pose

Checking out thy neighbor

And then tonight I noticed this blob in the wysteria on Valentine's side...

I was sooo excited to see he made a bubble nest, he hasn't made one since I first bought him like, a year and a half ago :D

And then here are some pics of the others :D I moved Memorialday and Thanksgivings from there temporary homes to the old tanks that Valentine and Laborday used to have. They seem very happy in there new homes : P

Memorialday. He's like Paris Hilton, loovesss to pose for the camera. Luckily we had a background from when we used it for Laborday, because as soon as we put him in the tank he started tank surfing >< He calmed down though once we put the background.

And then Thanksgiving. I felt bad to move him, because he was making a nice little bubblenest in his temporary home, which was surprising since he is SUPER skittish and freaks out over everything lol. He's very chill though besides that, he likes to hide in the wysteria floating in the tank. And he VERY much did not like the camera haha.

And then a picture of Christmas, just because I absolutely adore him lol. He flared for the first time today! But he's sooo freaking tiny, he hasn't grown at all in two months poor little midget.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #2 
purplemuffin

Awww maybe christmas is one of the christmas elves, lol! :)

AWESOME tank..wooo!!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #3 
eclover09

Haha! That's funny : P Maybe he is one of the Christmas elves lol!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #4 
CrankyFish84

Loooooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the black and white gravel & different decorations :) It looks very elegant.

I bet they are having a blast exploring !
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #5 
eclover09

Yeah I'm a weird theme kind of person, I like themes haha so Valentine's is pirates and Laborday is greek. And they did! Laborday had to go to every plant and taste it to see if it was edible rofl and then Valentine had a flare off contest with the heater before deciding he well make his bed in the treasure chest.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #6 
Welsh

I love it!! I think Laborday should have got the other side though, against the black and the dark green plants, his colouring would stand out brilliantly and I think the white would work the same for Valentine but thats just me, haha

Are those tall plants on Valentines side, Anubias? I bought some yesterday but did not know they would grow that tall haha but yeah the tank looks awesome and Thanksgiving looks like a crowntail version of my Elmo haha but with more of a tail lol
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #7 
CrankyFish84

I love themes :) Mine are aiming for every continent...not sure where my shipwreck tank fits in though,haha
You know they have tank competitions at state fairs (at least fl's does), for every size, fresh and salt...You should enter one :)
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #8 
eclover09

Yeah at one point I was thinking of switching them, but there themes fit them so perfectly I didn't lol. And yeah there all different species of Anubias on each side, except one which is like hygrophilia. The tall one I think if Anubias coffelia? Something like that rofl. I bought it from this woman's website who has a Anubias package, five different types for one price. I gave Valentine the taller one's because he likes resting on leaves, while Laborday I gave the shorter ones because he likes hiding under things.

I didn't know they had tank competitions, but that sounds pretty cool, I'd like to do that : P I already have different themes in mind for my others, once I can get bigger tanks and set them up :D
Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #9 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Wow, I love it! I like the ship with the cloth sails.. where did you find that at?!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #10 
eclover09

At Petsmart : P It was for thirty bucks, but the other pirate ship I found at Petco I didn't like lol.