Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #1 
Lion Mom

Question about Wisteria.

A week ago or so I got some wisteria off of AquaBid. It came as a floating plant & that is how I put it in my tanks. Now some of it is growing up and OUT of the water. Is that ok? Is there something I should be doing with those stems? They seem perfectly fine out of the water, but thought I would ask anyway.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #2 
vaygirl

I'm not sure about it. I think it would be okay not floating or I think I've read that it's okay. The leaf shape might change and be more oak-like. You can probably pinch the top off and start it as a new floater though or pinch it and plant it in the gravel. I pinch mine off at the top all the time to start new ones.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

With my water wisteria I plant it and have to pinch the tops on a weekly bases and re-plant in the substrate-

It is a great stem plant that does well floating and planted-really easy to propagate by re-planting the stem or letting a leaf float until it sprouts roots and then plant

It is fine growing out of the water too and as Vaygirl posted the leaf may look different than the ones submersed -you may even get flowers...I don't let mine go that long to see if they will flower or not...I pinch and re-plant at least weekly....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

Thanks for the answers!!!

Since it won't hurt anything, I think I will just let it ride and see where it takes me. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #5 
wallywestisthebest333

So Wisteria grows really quickly? I'm looking at buying that and Watersprite. If Wysteria grows that fast though could I just buy one bit of it and keep re-planting the trimmings instead of getting both? I'm short on cash at the moment. :/
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote