Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #21 
kaythenewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzVamp115 View Post
I can't crochet or knit. But I can make some awesome scarves with my knifty knitter. (Seriously one of the best inventions ever lol.)

My mom likes to crochet and cross stitch and even after the numerous lessons she's given me I just can't do it lol.
I can crochet, but I use my knifty knitter anyways. Way Way Way fun. I even found a book with awesome new stitches you can do on it.
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #22 
AngelicScars

Here is my current work in progress. It's a scarf to match the hat I finished knitting up. I came up with the pattern to kind of match the hat pattern. :D

AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #23 
GravityKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
Here is my current work in progress. It's a scarf to match the hat I finished knitting up. I came up with the pattern to kind of match the hat pattern. :D
I like the cabling! Do you plan on blocking the scarf or leaving the edges curled?
GravityKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #24 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityKitty View Post
I like the cabling! Do you plan on blocking the scarf or leaving the edges curled?
I haven't had an issue with curling yet. It's more of a ribbing pattern (k2, p2) type thing, I figured curling was an issue with just plain old stockinette stitch.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #25 
GravityKitty

It is pretty much an issue with stockinette stitch, but if the edges aren't garter stitch, then it curls a little bit.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #26 
Adastra

I'm another one of the crochet people. I prefer to do small projects like amigurumi and little bags and whatnot rather than blankets and scarves--they're so much easier to do freestyle without a pattern and I hate counting, so anything without a pattern is awesome. Right now I am making a little black amigurumi kitty--but I've only finished the legs for now so there's no reason to take a picture, hahaha. Amigurumi is incredibly fast and easy--just one stitch over and over. The only annoying part is that everything has to be done very tightly so that the stuffing doesn't show when the piece is done, and tight crocheting is kinda hard on your hands after awhile.

I wish I could knit--crochet is something that has been passed down in my family, but unfortunately none of them know how to knit. :)
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Basically, all I crochet is afghans. I have made a couple of vests before but with help from a great aunt who is now deceased.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #28 
Adastra

My mom does afghans, mostly baby afghans because they're smaller. I just don't have the patience to finish an entire blanket...

Recently she's gotten into making dog sweaters for our little yorkie now that she's learned about free patterns online, lol. She comes up with really weird ones when she's trying to use up all of her scrap yarn. Poor dog. :)
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #29 
nochoramet

I can crochet but I've never made anything ;) I don't have the patience! I don't get knitting, it's confusing O.o
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #30 
GravityKitty

Just finished the pair of socks that I posted earlier! Now I have to make some fingerless gloves for my dad's b-day. Not a big fan of making gloves