Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #291 
Draug Isilme

I'm sure it depends on how you learn and if you're able to understand it or not. My mom crochets, and she's sold some of her own stuff.. but when it came to teaching me, all I could do where chains... And then last year, I decided to try to pick it back up again, but this time I used the inernet xD It's how I learned how to make those nifty hats and scarf, so I know that was a great improvement! ^.^ Also, I'm learning how to knit, as well, which is something my mom couldn't do herself.. So yeah, I'd say it depends on whether you have a good teacher and/or if you're able to teach yourself.
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #292 
CoverMeInClay

Back in HS I had my mom show to how to crocket. I asked her again last year if she would teach me again. That got me pretty much no where, so I went to Youtube and learned a bit more then she could have taught me, and it was at my own pace. I tried knitting that way, I could get to the 6th or 7th row and then I became all thumbs. I just couldn't figure out how to hold the needles properly/comfortably enough to continue. It bugged. *sighs*
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #293 
cajunamy
Banned

General, I am so excited there's another spinner on the board!!!

And for learning to spin, you can get a cheap spindle for under $20 and some good roving at a great price at sheepshed online. (I think that's right) You can also google diy drop spindles and you can make your own for almost nothing.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #294 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunamy View Post
General, I am so excited there's another spinner on the board!!!

And for learning to spin, you can get a cheap spindle for under $20 and some good roving at a great price at sheepshed online. (I think that's right) You can also google diy drop spindles and you can make your own for almost nothing.
Yay! I used to sell mine on Etsy under the name of fjcruiser. Don't have the time anymore though.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #295 
cajunamy
Banned

yeah, I dye yarn and fiber for sale, but I am thinking I may go toward more spinning for sale now instead. I started dyeing for sale when there weren't so many, now there are SO MANY indie dyers out there
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #296 
dbockrath

Here is a shawl I knitted a couple of months ago. The picture came out really blurry, unfortunately.

[/IMG]

And here is a closeup of the border:

[/IMG]
dbockrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #297 
Leeniex

Dbrockrath, that's beautiful!!!! I tried a lacy shawl once and failed miserably.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #298 
dbockrath

Interesting story about that shawl: I had started it about a year ago when I was in the hospital, and put it away when I got bored with it. A few months ago, our son whom we adopted when he was a baby met his birthmother. He wanted to give her a gift, so I finished the shawl up quickly so he could give it to her. I've screwed up a few lace projects myself.
dbockrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #299 
AngelicScars

Very nice!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #300 
AngelicScars

Here is the cowl. I had to wash it and soak it to soften the yarn. My mom said she wanted it, so I'll give it to her when I see her again.
Oh, and my husband modeled it for me.

AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote