Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #1 
KeshiaB

Things to do with old tank?

I have an old 5L (1.3 gallon) tank and I'm not sure what to do with it, any ideas?

I have a heater and and a plastic plant for it, but no substrate or filter. It's a glass tank with a lid. I *MIGHT* need it for my betta in May next year if I can't find a house sitter.. we are going away for a month so I may be sending him to a friends house for the month. As mentioned there is no filter but she knows about water changes etc. If it comes to this I plan on putting some of his current tank water in there and just getting her to keep him warm, clean and fed. Once I get back I don't know what to do with the tank.

I'm not really sure what you can keep in a tank this small as it would be impossible to cycle properly... Maybe I could use it for frogs or a terrarium?
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #2 
Niece

You could keep one it it. I've kept my girl in a 1.6 gal when she was younger but I was doing water changes out the wazoo lol.
Niece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #3 
sandybottom
Reference Team

you could do a small npt.i have an extra 1.5 gallon and a desk lamp.think i am going to start mine in a few weeks.hopefully i can find some fissadens and other tiny plants soon.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote