Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #1 
CodeRed

So, I'm kind of scared, actually.

The other day someone found a bomb threat at our school, and it's for tomorrow. I'm like, freaking out. I have to go because I need the exemption to skip one of my finals, but I'm seriously terrified ): I know nothing will probably happen, but really... there's always that thought going, "WHAT IF?" What if tomorrow I go to school and there really IS a bomb? Will I have given up my life just to skip a class? I seriously loathe whoever decided this would be a great joke... it's got a lot of people scared. And I'm mad at the school for not canceling school. Seriously? It's a BOMB THREAT, you're ALLOWED to cancel school for the day! But this is Concord, and as everyone knows, our school almost NEVER cancels. It's really stupid. I need the exemption, but is it just stupid to even think about going?
I hope they find out who did this. It's not something to joke about.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #2 
xswornxoffxjello

That sucks, CodeRed! :(

I haven't actually been in a bomb threat, just a bomb threat drill. When my brother was at JH there were about three bomb threats in a single year. I don't know if they found out who was behind it, but there were a couple of cops stationed at the school who looked. There was never actually any bomb, if that helps any. It just turned out to be a colossal pain for everyone.

What a stupid joke.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #3 
dukie1346

When I was in 7th grade, so 2 years ago, there were 2 bomb threats in our school. The first one was found in a bathroom, saying it would go off on friday at 12:30. So on that friday, the whole school was bused to the high school for a few hours, just in case. We had to listen to a speech about whoever did this is going to be in this much trouble, etc.
Then a month later, another threat, but they had some dogs search the school for it, and nothing else happened. The kids who did it were caught, though, and boy were they in trouble.

So, there was no real threat, just a stupid joke played by some very stupid peopple.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #4 
Drift

People make threats everyday; to another person, to a place, to the world, etc. I say on a daily basis to my boyfriend that I'm going to kill him. I never every could kill someone never mind my love. Sometimes I think things get blown out of proportion. I would take a deep breath, relax, and think about it. If you really feel that this is a huge risk, then don't go.

I try to not think about all the potential things in life that could happen to me and try to live each day to its fullest. :) Hope that made some sense?
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #5 
bloo97

Edit:

Nevermind, I agree with everyone else. xD
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #6 
CodeRed

It's so easy to say that it's not going to happen though, another thing to actually believe it. I'll never be able to silence that part of me that says, every day, "What if today's it?"
Rumor is that you don't have to come to school tomorrow. My mom's going to look into it, and if it's true, no way am I going.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #7 
bloo97

I'd stay home. It's not worth the risk. :/
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #8 
CodeRed

That's what I'm thinking, bloo. That's what I'm thinking ): Hoping the rumors turns out to be true.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #9 
purplemuffin

I think in a case like this they SHOULD make exceptions for students afraid to go for their own safety--even if they choose to keep the school open!!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #10 
ashleyy

Ughh. I know how you feel. It's a horrible situation. I honestly don't know what I would do.

I know this is dumb for me to put this on the internet... but I go to the university that recently had the professor(Amy Bishop) shoot other professors during a faulty meeting (I'm guessing you might have heard of this, it was on the national news in February) Classes were canceled for a week after that since it was such a tragedy, and quite frankly, nobody felt safe enough.

Ever since then you don't know who to trust. Before you only thought you had to worry about other students, but now, professors? Staff? UGH!
The other day in class, we heard someone run down the hallway screaming, we all got really scared... but turned out it was someone's kid misbehaving.. -phew-

A lot of the time, when someone makes a threat its for attention so officials don't do anything about it. But you really can't assume that nothing will happen.. But you can't cancel school every time someone makes a threat either..

With all that is going on in the world, classes should be canceled tomorrow while they investigate it further. If enough parents complain to the superintendent then they would have to cancel, but since it is late at night on a Sunday I doubt that could happen in time.

Keep us updated on whatever you decide to do and whatever happens.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote