Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #11 
AngelicScars

we are looking to get a dog Aug. 2011! :D We are going to the local humane society and we'll probably get a medium size dog since my boys are still young.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Get a schnauzer. They're like little rubber balls bouncing all over the place.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #13 
baylee767

GEt a PWC (pembroke welsh corgi) they are very energetic, medium sized dogs that weigh between 25-35 lbs. Heres a puppy pic:

And heres a dog pic (cute and energetic and lovable as dogs, too!)

baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #14 
purplemuffin

I vote corgis! I am a big dog girl, but those are cute!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:38 AM   #15 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Most corgis that came into my work (vet clinic) were not that nice, besides the few used on farms. make sure you socialize, socialize, socialize.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #16 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeDiscoSuperfly View Post
Awwe Bloo your dog really does look kinda like mine =]
wiley must have some min pin in him.
Wow, cool! :D
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #17 
ThePearlFish

I would stay away from any terrier, herding dog or chihuahua for an inexperienced dog person. These three types can be difficult if not trained and socialized well. Schnauzers are great little dogs, but require brushing and grooming. Beagles are great dogs too. medium small sized and energetic, sweet. They do yodel though.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #18 
Betta Slave

I would say shih-tzus. Incredibly loving dogs. They love giving cuddles and being cuddled back, and are SOOO CUTE!
Love to play too. Very lovable. Our shih-tzu's in bliss all the time. He never bites, ever, he's very playful. He rarely barks but "talks" to us occasionally, through little squeaks and grumbles. They're gentle, loyal, and do respond well to consistent training. Love people and are good with other pets too. As long as you have a backyard and a comfy place to sleep they'll be happy.

Their hair can be kept at medium length, long (show-dog length) but most people just keep it in a puppy cut (see below pics.)

And of course here are a few shots of my boy, Jeffry- (sorry if the pics are huge... D:)

Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #19 
purplemuffin

The biggest issue with shih-tzus is they need a lot of grooming...and are hard to housebreak. They need time, and aren't good for people who don't have the time to clean them and make them not stinky! My boyfriend's family has one, and despite him having access to outside, being taken outside at least 5 times a day...there isn't a day that goes by where he doesn't find SOME place in the house to poo.. Or pee..or both.. Usually on electronics. Or MY PURSE :( I was over for 5 minutes, what the heck. He also gets greasy so fast!

My aunt has one that is adorable(though won't tolerate other animals) but she takes the dog to the groomers twice a week and has a schedule of when her dog will need to go to the bathroom after he eats and she has to rearrange her work day so she can go home when her Sammi needs to poo!

They can be great dogs, they just aren't 'easy' dogs!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #20 
Betta Slave

Really? Huh. Jeff was easy to housebreak but of course there are lots of other shih-tzus out there.

Take them to the groomer every two weeks or so and you'll be fine. Jeffry doesn't get greasy very fast, his coat stays nice for a long time.

But it really depends where you get your shih-tzu from. We got our from a breeder. His dad won ribbons, etc. in dog shows, and so Jeffs has good genes overall... whereas shelter shih-tzus sometimes do not and can have health problems.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote