Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #1 
ColtenB

Exclamation Somethings up with bettas fins....

As you all know i have recently got done fighting ich and my betta was in pretty bad shape..so now hes still in the hospital cup...yes i'm doing water changes everyday..but now his fins are falling apart and falling to the bottom..could this be fin rot or is he just shedding the dead skin like fins? i put a drop or so of stress coat in there and he still is not eating...
ColtenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #2 
Colibri

Could you maybe take some pictures to see what it's looking like?
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #3 
ColtenB

i can't post pictures our computer wont except the memory card to the camera
Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #4 
Colibri

How do the fin edges look like? Are they brownish, dark red?
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #5 
ColtenB

its rather hard to tell hes a darker blue and red but if it helps any actual pieces of his tail fin is like shedding pieces off and as of his front fins its the same except theres no much fin there the tail fin looks like it has a whiteish edge possibly
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #6 
acloudconnected

My fish were in bad shape when I got them. Both tails and fins were in very bad condition. The first day or two after we brought them home pieces were breaking off and lying on the bottom of the bowl. By the end of day 2, there were like little white spikes on the ends of both fins and tails... and now I see that those white spikes were the new tissue... both fish are growing new fin and tails.

Maybe, after the strong ich treatment, your fish is regenerating his tissues? Are you doing anything to the water besides stress coat?
acloudconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #7 
ColtenB

thats what i was wonder if that was possibly it and no other than water changes we live in the middle of nowhere...and its always worked for other fish that we have...
Old 11-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #8 
ColtenB

Sorry guys i don't usually bump but i really wanna know why his fins are shedding and hes still not eating before he got sick he was less of a picky eater than me haha...i've tried a few things and nothing seems to be making him want to eat....
Old 11-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #9 
baylee767

His fins could be torn up if you have a plastic plant in there (especiallyone with spiky leaves/stem!) As you worried, it could be fin rot but we need pictures for that. To upload pictures you can buy this thing I used to use that connects onto and computer in the USB drive. you insert your memory card into that thing (sorry I forgot what it's called) and plug in.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #10 
JKfish

Keep up with water changes, I really don't know what's up. Aquarium salt (if you have it) might help.

If necessary, you could soak his pellets in garlic juices. Garlic stimulates appetite.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote