Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #21 
vaygirl

That's the nice thing about sparkpeople. It's not just calorie reduction, you have to stay in the right range for fat, carbs and protein. You have to get in the right amount of fitness. I sound like a commercial. :P

We only drink water, sugar free red bull, or coffee in my house. We made that change many years ago. The right amount of water is SO important. But when it comes to veggies, I'm sorry to say the only green thing I don't gag on while eating is green beans. I do eat spring mix salad and I can handle raw broccoli in it. Everything else is like torture to get through and I don't wanna spend my life gagging my way through lunch. I eat a lot of fruit instead and I try to do the best I can. I can hide a lot of things in homemade soup. Lol! I make a lot of stuff with beans in it. My friends laugh at me because I'm always making stuff with black beans in it. Like cowboy caviar! YUM!

My family is full of diabetics and hypertension too. We all struggle with our weight. I mean, we owned a restaurant/bar when I was growing up, so you can imagine the food I grew up on.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm lucky that I don't have high blood pressure. My mom and brother both have it. Due to the fact that my brother travels so much on his job, he can't really eat healthy. It's mostly grab a sandwich or a pizza and take it back to his hotel room. He will do some cooking when he has the facilities.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #23 
TaylorW

Adastra, I've heard about Eat This, Not That! I so want to pick up a copy of that book, I've heard it's great! And I know all about the birth control thing, it sucks :/
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:15 AM   #24 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I love when they have the Eat This, Not That people on morning shows, it's so shocking!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #25 
nochoramet

I guess I got lucky with the birth control thing, I haven't had any side effects from it and I'm getting all the benefits they brag about. Well, tonight shall add on to my unhealthiness... a Monster and staying up all night to work on a speech I totally forgot was tomorrow. Yay...
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #26 
Betta Slave

I used to be overweight, but I lost all (the weight that made me over-weight) of it, through eating healthily, excercises, etc...
For excercises, horse-back riding is a great one... the only thing is that you have to pay for them unless you don't know someone with a horse.

Ellipticals, treadmills, bowflexes, etc.

Eating healthily is a big one. Try to eliminate most of the sugary stuff from your diet, eats lots of fruits and veggies, and get lots of excercise in general... lift weights, do crunches, etc.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 11-20-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote