Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #11 
Perdue

thank you. i didnt mean to be rude i just knew i'd get torn a new one for my girlfriends small critter keeper..
Perdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #12 
Tomsk

Ideally the tank should be at least a 2.5G tank (I personally prefer a 5G,but we could all argue all our lives about sizes ).The temp should be a constant temp (mine are 78 deg) a heater will do this.Also there should be some cover for the Betta so it can feel secure e.g. a cave or plants (If you use fake plants try to use silk ones,if you use plastic ones make sure the edges arent sharp enough to rip its fins).

Answers from the forum may be a bit sharp,but they are concerned about the welfare of the fish and the fact that people buy fish (living creatures) without researching about them first.On the reverse side I can see your perspective (its not yours,but you care enough to ask questions to help its welfare..so thanks for that,sorry about any flak its not personal).

Please follow the advice from the posts above,especially the water changes at least!!

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #13 
TaylorW

It's ok, we just get a little wound-up about our fishy friends. Everyone's really just trying to be helpful even though sometimes we come off a little rough! I don't think you were rude, it's not even your fish, just try the best you can to get her to improve her fishy's living conditions! :)

1-2 gallon jars make good cheap homes (try to stay away from 1 gallon though), and sterilite plastic containers also make good tanks if your girlfriend is on a budget! As Tomsk says, water changes are the most important thing she can do! :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #14 
TaylorW

2 to 2.5 gallons is still pretty small, my stapler on my desk is over half the length of my 2.5 gallon tank! XD

So a bigger container should fit somewhere ;)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote