Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #21 
DaEvangelist

Smile

I know! I love him even more now! They're just so fun and wonderful and full of surprises.

I chose the music because his little fins beating crazily against the current reminded me of helicopter blades, which reminded me of Apocalypse Now and that exciting scene when all the helicopters come flying in. It's both suspenseful and uplifting.
DaEvangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #22 
metalbetta

*sharing on facebook now*
The video is that good. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #23 
nochoramet

Hahaha that made me laugh so hard!! He's an interesting little guy!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #24 
Oldfishlady

For some reason I can't get the link to work for me...whats the trick...remember I am computer challenged.....laffs....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #25 
Drift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYsZ7ynQuzo
Try clicking that OFL.

This gave me a good laugh and made my day. :)
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #26 
Oldfishlady

Thanks Drift...

And how cool was that....even with the perfect music....great job with the video and what a neat Betta.....he seem perfectly happy and knows what he is doing....I think he may have seen that video on OEPA of the goldfish that joined the salmon too many times and thinks he could do it too...laffs.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #27 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

DaEvangelist:

Wow!

If he is doing this on purpose, he is enjoying it. If it hurt, him he wouldn't do it.

So.... unless you perceive some immediate peril to him, let him have his fishy fun.

If it really bugs you, try a completely different filteration system that he can't enter.

Cheryl
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #28 
DaEvangelist

Cheryl:
Thanks for your input. I"m thinking the same thing you are. He doesn't seem to be hurting himself and as some have said on the thread, it seems like a good workout for him to work off the occasional bloodworm binge day I give him twice a week. I checked the water conditions again and they're good - 0.25ppm ammonia, 5ppm nitrite/nitrate, ph 7.4, temp 78. It's been 3 days since a 50% water change. I'm planning on doing a smaller PWC today.

OFL:
The links seem strange depending on how you get to the thread OFL. When you click on the email that informs you there's a new post on the thread, it sends you to the thread using bettafish.com and if that happens, the links created in TropicalFishKeeping.com don't work. The links do work if you get to the thread by going through the forum in TropicalFishKeeping.com. Sort of strange link behavior, and I think it's because bettafish.com doesn't have the option to automatically parse links in text, but eh, I'm not a website guru.

I just noticed in the video that he takes a gulp of air before he starts. I thought that was hilarious - "Ok man, here we go, deep breath, and just go for it!"
DaEvangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #29 
Lion Mom

I used to have one that did that in an Eclipse 3 - would swim into the little holes where the water returns to the tank.. Since I'm such a chicken I was afraid he would hurt himself. I cut some small pieces of aquarium sponge & shoved them in the holes so he couldn't do it anymore.

Granted, pretty funny stuff and you did a GREAT job with the video! If you want to stop it, however, you could use an aquarium sponge/foam to baffle the filter and he wouldn't be able to do it anymore.

Last edited by Lion Mom; 11-10-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #30 
scootshoot

More I watch this clip, more amazed I am. Yes he must like the current or smell of decaying matter inside that filter. Something attracts him to it, the fact he has done it repeatedly and is actually willing to jump over an inch to get inside is pretty awesome.

Unique little betta you got there!
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote