Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #1 
kpullen89

Talking Great tank! On Sale!

FYI: This tank is on sale at Petco for 20 bucks right now!! At least thats what I paid over here.. Its an awesome tank, just needs a heater and you're ready to go. This is one of the first tanks I've bought where the filter is not too strong for bettas, it's quiet too!

WARNING: Do not use this tank for 2 bettas!! Just one! As we all know and preach, 2.5 gallons is the recommended rate for bettas..plus the divider looks very unsafe for bettas: their fins could easily go through the barrier and be bitten by the neighboring betta!

I think the equivalent of this tank is the Minibow 2.5..but its priced at around $25-$30 right now, so the Betta one is the bargain. I just thought I'd announce the deal I saw. :) By the way, this tank is Amazon's new home and he absolutely loves it!

Here's the link...

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/betta-bow-25.htm
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #2 
metalbetta

Oh nice I could really use that for Azrael. I'll probably have to go and get my hands on that!
Is it a P.A.L.S discount?
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #3 
TaylorW

Someone on here used that dvider and glued a piece of mesh over it. But because the tank was so small they still had flaring problems :/ One of the fish was too aggressive for a tank that small...

But it's not a terrible home for 2 bettas, just not recommended. At least they would both have a tad over a gallon. Much better than those half gallon torture chambers!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #4 
metalbetta

Yeah that's not a tank I'd use a divider on personally.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #5 
kpullen89

It is a P.A.L.S discount.. those membership cards are free. I suppose it would be safer to put mesh over the divider..but wouldn't that mess with the filtration?

I personally don't divide tanks smaller than 5 gallons.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #6 
metalbetta

I already have a card, just checking. That'd probably bump me up to $100 on my card. reward $$$ FTW. lol
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #7 
kpullen89

Haha sweet!! Yeah I'm not sure how much rewards I've racked up.. has to amount to something after all this time. You really should get this tank! My guy is loving it. And I went back to petco to buy another one but they were sold out.. :(
Old 11-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #8 
Oldfishlady

I just got a 5gal acrylic bow-front-complete with hood, lights, filter for $5.99 at a thrift shop...what a deal.....check out your local thrift shop and goodwill.....I have got to stop going...this is my 3rd tank in 2 weeks....lol......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #9 
eclover09

Haha, I JUST bought that tank today lol. I went to Petco and I always check there tanks cause sometimes they have really good deals, better then Petsmart, and I saw it and was like OMG I'M BUYING IT! No way would I pass a twenty dollar tank lol
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #10 
skypros

It is a great tank.... it is perfect for my Betta.... I did however go to home depot and change the light bulb from 15 watts to a 7 watt bulb. It was way to bright with the 15 watt bulb

And YES..... you will need a heater with this tank
skypros is offline   Reply With Quote