Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #1 
akjadestar

Can someone give me info on these 6 live plants? Thankyouuu!

Hi, so as many of you know, I'm trying to go for a planted tank, and I'm probably going to the pet store today, maybe to pick up some plants and supplies for cycling my tank! Anyways, I got ideas for my plants in mind and wanted to know if all of them are betta safe and this info as well:

Required lighting:
Recommended Experience Level:
Growth Rate:
Care:

So here are the six!:

Floating Najas Grass
Java Fern
Pennywort
Ruffled Sword (like Amazon Sword but with different leaves, if I can't find it then I will just get plain amazons)
Wisteria
Lotus

I looked at the plant guide but it didn't say much about safe or not for bettas, well I'm almost positive all plants but the last one are safe. I'm not sure about the lotus, so if I could know for that, it would be great. And for the others, well mainly I just want to know about plant care, because I'm new to live aquatic plants! Thanks!
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

As far as I know all aquatic plants are fish/betta safe

Naja grass/guppy grass-stem plant and is great as floating or planted-low light easy-fast growers

Java fern needs to be tied to something like driftwood, decorations etc-you don't want to bury the rhizome in the substrate-low light, easy-will produce spores and you will see plantlett off the leaf tips, slow grower

Sword-when you plant make sure and pull the crown up so that it is above the substrate some, low-mod light, easy-root feeder-propagate by runners-some will produce plantlett from the top-slow grower depending on light and nutrients

Wisteria-can float or rooted stem plant-low-mod light easy-propagate with leaf or pinch the top and plant, fast grower

I have never had lotus or pennywort
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #3 
Arowan

Do you mean the red tiger lotus?

Because that's essentially the same plant as the Dwarf Lily, and both are safe for bettas.
Arowan is offline   Reply With Quote